Chapter 18.

Finney’s Pov.

I woke up to a darkly lit room. The only sign that it was the hospital being the strong scent of disinfectants and medicine. I didn’t think I’d ever be so happy to be stuck in a hospital but for once I was. I felt something heavy weighing on my stomach and looked to see it was Gwen. She had placed her head on me and was giving quiet snores to indicate she was sleeping. The rest of her body was left to remain in the chair, arched at an awkward angle.

As I looked more around the room I saw Robin peacefully resting as well. His face was semi scrunched up and I couldn’t tell if it was from dreaming or from being on guard. I wished he would get a good night’s rest but I could tell it would be some time before he fully relaxed. I was the same.

I hadn’t fully calmed down after all that had happened and it would most likely take months or so before I’d be able to take a bath without looking over my shoulder every five seconds.

The whole experience was traumatizing and of course it would take a while before we would adjust back into whatever was deemed normal again. I was just happy I at least had Robin to help me get through this. I wasn’t alone and I was so grateful for that. Robin is the only person I’d want to have been stuck with. His encouragement had gotten me this far and I would never leave him. Finding a way to repay him was the hard part. I owed him my life, and I knew I could never fully return the favor.

~Time skip to a few hours.~

I was laying in my bed staring out the rather large windows in our room. They were closer to Robin while I had been placed closer to the door. As unsafe as I felt being that close to the only entrance in this room it was calming as well. Knowing I could buy Robin some time if anything were to happen.

As I was lost in thought still peering out the window looking at trees and the sky, I hadn’t noticed my dad walking in.

“Finney.” I jolted as I turned my head to the door where the voice was coming from.

“Hi dad.” I looked down knowing that most of the times it’s best to avoid eye contact.

“Finney, I just wanted to say sorry for everything that’s happened to ya.” He had also tilted his head down. I guess he wasn’t able to look at me. “It wasn’t right and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help.” He was now staring into my eyes as I had also looked up.

“It’s ok dad. It’s not your fault.” He nodded his head as his eyes glistened.

“Anyways, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what's with you and your friend?” I looked at him confused.

“What do you mean?”

“You and Robin?” I nodded my head so he knew he was correct. It was kind of sad he couldn’t remember Robin’s name. “You both just seem too close and touchy with each other. It’s weird and I think you should stop.”

“Me and Robin are just friends, dad.” I looked back down at this point wanting this conversation to just end.

“Well I don’t want anyone goin’ around thinking your a fag Finney.” (I’m asexual and either Bi or lesbian, so sorry about the word.) I looked up at him shocked. He really didn’t want me to be gay?

“What’s so wrong with liking boys?” I knew it was a risky question to ask, but I had to know his honest opinions on it, because if it wasn’t already obvious. I’m gay.

“Finney, It just ain’t normal for boys to like boys. Now I’ll get the nurse to get you some food. It’s best you eat something.” He then walked out the door not waiting for my reply.

I stared at the door as I thought about what he said. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe being gay wasn’t right. But how could it be wrong if it felt so right to love Robin. I loved him more than anything and anyone and it never felt wrong. The loud pounding inside my chest when I would see him, the slight sense of fear when we would talk, even the anxiety I would get when I’d see him fighting. It never once felt bad. Hell, it was the best feeling I've ever experienced.

I wanted to tell my dad that he was wrong. To tell him that you can love anyone you want. But I didn’t want to get beaten so I would keep my mouth shut.

It had been about thirty minutes since my dad left and he still wasn’t back. A nurse had come in with food for me and Robin, but due to him sleeping it was left to the side on a small desk. But I was finally able to sit up, though it was still painful to do much of anything, and at some point I had to use the restroom which caused me to scoot to the side attempting to get out of bed.

In my so-called attempt I ended up falling and now I’m on the ground in even more pain. I couldn’t wait till my pain subsided fully and I’d be able to play baseball and go to the field to launch my rocket. I really hoped those days would be back soon.

“Finney?” I glance upwards to see Robin peering at me from his bed. “Finney, are you ok?” I avoided his eyes as I didn’t want him to see me on the floor.

“I’m fine. Just fell.” I hadn’t looked up yet but I could tell Robin was still staring.

“Finney. What were you doing out of bed?” I could hear the worry in his voice.

“I need to use the bathroom.” I whispered in hopes he wouldn’t hear as I was super embarrassed at this point. I couldn’t even walk to the bathroom.

“Finney, It’s perfectly fine. Next time wake me up though. I want to make sure you don’t get hurt, ok?”

“Thanks Robin.” He got up from his bed and bent down to help me up. I placed one hand on his shoulder, while he used both of his around my waste to help hoist me up. He then walked me to the bathroom slowly. Once I was in there I shut the door leaving Robin to wait outside.

After I finished, Robin used the bathroom and then we walked back to his bed. I got in it and without question he got in with me and we both just stared at the peaceful view outside the window.

How I wish this peaceful moment would last forever.

BANG!!!

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. I felt it might be but I also thought it would be a nice change to make it more feelings and calm like. But the next chapter shall be a lot more interesting to make up for this one! Hope it's not too boring!!!