Chapter 20.

I’m sorry that I’m so late on the update. I got caught up in personal things but it’s all ok for now! Hope you enjoy and I will still be updating later today at my usual time as well!

Robin’s Pov.

“Robin! Robin!” My eyes snap open at the sound of Finney calling my name.

“What! Is something wrong?” I sit up to see Finney still resting on his bed but a nurse is standing by the door smiling.

“Nothings wrong, but we get to go home today!” I automatically relax my tense body as I know he’s ok.

“Wait? We can leave today?” I look at him in shock. I thought we’d be in here for another week. The nice looking nurse soon spoke clearly aware of my confusion.

“You all will be discharged once we finish checking your test results in around two hours. Though you will need a parent or guardian to sign off on your release papers.” She readied a pen and paper. “Finney, your father has been present throughout your treatment so we can ask him ourselves, but Robin we’ll need a name or number for a guardian we can contact.” She looked up at me as she waited for my response.

“Oh, yeah. You can contact my uncle. His number is 898-8864”

“Alrighty. Thank you both. Now make sure you get plenty of rest for now. I’ll be back shortly to check in on you all.” She then left the room.

“Can you believe it? We get to go home!” I look to see Finney with a big smile and his eyes shining.

“God, you're so beautiful.” I see Finney stop smiling as his face soon turns a dark shade of red. Oh my god! I said that out loud didn’t I?

“Thank you. You're really handsome.” Though it was difficult to hear, Finney’s compliment made my ears feel warm and I could tell I was forming a blush of my own.

“Hey, Finney?” I was currently staring at my hands that were intertwining with the sheets nervously.

“What is it Robin?” After a moment of hesitation I snapped my head up and looked him straight in the eyes.

“Finney, will you officially be my boyfriend!?” The determination was clear in my voice though I may have basically yelled the question on accident. As I was waiting for Finney’s answer he  got out of bed and approached me. The next thing he did was hug me and whisper ever so softly in my ear.

“Of course I will.” I could feel the smile on his face grow as his arms wrapped around my neck. I soon hugged back. This moment was one I’d never forget, and I would so have to remember to hug Finney often when we got out because Finney was so warm and though we both smelled strongly of hospital, he still smelled really good. Like fresh grass and a faint scent of flowers like lavender. I had no doubt he got his scent from the baseball field.

As we were relaxing into each other the door opened suddenly making Finney release me as I did the same. To our dismay it was Mr. Blake. He must have seen us embracing each other as he had an eerie expression. It was evident he was pissed.

“Finney. Come here.” I saw Finney avoid his eyes as he went to his dad.

“Yes da-”

SLAP!

My eyes widened at what I saw. I knew parents were strict on their kids but for simply hugging? That was wrong, and it took everything in me to not launch myself at him and pound him till he was unrecognizable.

“Finney, I told you to keep your distance from him ok? I don’t want you disobeying me again. Now get your stuff ready, we'll be leaving soon.” Mr. Blake then shut the door angrily as he left. I got up and sprinted to Finney who was starting to form a slight bruise on his cheek.

“Finney.” I hugged him again pulling him into my chest while I kept an eye on the door in case his ass of a dad came back. “It’s going to be ok. You know you can always stay with me if you ever need to.” I lifted my head up as he was still facing the floor.

“Thank you. I’m sorry you had to see that.” He had finally shown me those lovely eyes of his and I took hold of his face with both hands.

“Don’t apologize. You did nothing wrong.” He was upset and it showed. I hated it. That his low self esteem was probably from the abuse of his dad.

“You won’t leave me, will you?” I was surprised. He thought I was going to leave him?

“Why? Why do you think I’d ever leave you?” I saw fear in his brown eyes. “Finney, I will never leave you! You're my everything and the only thing that makes me happy, besides seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre of course.” I hear that wonderful giggle of his at my joke. It wasn’t a full giggle filled with content, but it was something and I would take that any day over his sad frown.

Soon we both had laid back down in our own beds. I wasn’t going to risk Finney getting hurt by his dad again.

“Robin.” I see Finney laying down on his side with his hand under his head while the other is scrunched towards his chest. “Why do you like me?” The question caught me by surprise, but I was quick to reply.

“Finney. I don’t like you.” I see his eyes widened. “I love you! And the reason why I love you so much is because whenever I’m feeling down or lonely you come up to me with your big smile and all the sudden everything feels better. You're the only kid who’s nice to me in school who isn’t afraid of me. I love when you talk about your hobbies like your rockets and space. How you’re a fighter though you’ll never hurt anyone. The way your eyes get wide and full of curiosity during science class.”

“Wait? We don’t even have science together?” His head did that adorable tilt and I was in awe.

“Ahem, well I may or may not walk past your classroom as often as I can to see you.” My voice got quieter as I spoke as it was a pretty embarrassing thing to say. “But that’s besides the point. Everything you do I love. I’ve fallen in love with all of you Finney.” He looked like he was stuck in a trance. His face was flushed a soft pink and I could see a light glint in his eyes.

“No one’s ever said anything like that to me before.” He was still staring into my eyes as he talked. “Thank you for loving me Robin. You're the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” He sounded so sure, so genuine and I was melting in his sweetness.

We were both just two love sick kids wishing that society would welcome us as we are. Yet we both knew it was false hope but in this moment, we could dream it wasn’t.

As we were basking in our love for each other a nurse came in, interrupting our little moment. I really wished we could just be left alone for five minutes, but it seems fate wasn’t exactly on our side.

“Hello again. I just wanted to let you know that your uncle is on his way and Finney, your father and sister are getting all their things ready as well. You both are going home!”