Chapter 28.

Gwen’s Pov.

I was pretty surprised when he said he loved Finney. But I felt my face soften into a more relaxed appearance.

“Robin. You're a good kid. So you better protect Finney better from now on. Put your fists to actual use.” It was pretty obvious that he wasn’t expecting what I said, but it was the truth. He was proving that he was more of an act now think later type of person. That could be dangerous so I want him to start using his head more.

“I know. I need to be more careful, but he makes me go crazy, Gwen.” Damn Robin could be so cheesy sometimes.

“Yeah yeah. So then protect him.” We were both glancing at Finney. “God, now I’m turning into a creep like you.” I grimaced as I looked away from Finney.

“Hey, I’m not a creep.” I saw Robin cross his arms.

“Yeah whatever you say.” I rolled my eyes at him to show I didn’t believe a damn thing he said.

“Gwen? Robin?” Our heads snapped to Finney as if they were insync.

“Finney!” I rushed to his side as he turned his body a bit. “Are you ok? That whore Matty didn’t do anything to you did he?”

“I’m fine. Just sleepy.” His eyes soon closed again and he was laying on his other side now. I was so happy he wasn’t hurt anywhere. Though knowing him he could be lying to not worry us.

“Hey Robin, did Finney say anything to you about any place on him hurting or if Matty hit him somewhere?” I turned to see Robin with a tense composure. He clearly hadn’t gotten over Matty going after Finney and I hadn’t either. He was going to get a permanently disfigured face when I’m done with him.

“Well, he said his shoulder hurt but that was only when Matty pushed him against the wall.” I hummed in reply.

“Did you check him?” He continued to look at Finney.

“I checked for blood and scrapes or any torn fabric but I didn’t see any.” I guess that was a good sign. Though I would have to check him myself to make sure.

“Did you say it was his shoulder that hurt?” I looked to see Robin nodding his head yes. I then carefully peeled his shirt down a bit to see around his shoulder area. One side was fine with no marks or bruising. Though on his other side there was a rather big and purple bruise forming. It looked insanely painful. “Oh my gosh.” I saw Robin immediately come to my side to see what I was staring at.

“Finney. Why would he hide this?”

“Because he doesn’t like to worry people. He would do this all the time back home when dad would hit him. He’d act like nothing was wrong even when he could barely move.” I could see his face scrunch up.

“I’m seriously thinking about killing your dad.” I gave a small and dry laugh.

“Go ahead. Just don’t tell Finney about it.”

~Time Skip to a few minutes.~

Robin’s Pov.

Me and Gwen were now sitting on the floor beside Finney’s bed. Staring at nothing in particular. We both just wanted Finney to be ok. His bruise wasn’t too bad though the discoloration proved how sensitive it was going to be for a while.

At some point I felt Gwen slide her head on my shoulder. When I peered down I saw she was asleep. I was close to passing out as well but decided it would be better to wait for Finney to wake up instead. I would put some ice on his back later to help with the pain.

As I waited for what seemed like hours which was only about twenty minutes, I heard Finney shuffle in bed.

“Robin? What are you guys doing down there?” His face had the pattern of the blanket pressed on him and he looked so cute.

“We were waiting for you but Gwen fell asleep.” I saw him giggle at Gwen's sleeping form as his head was leant over the bed. His face was directly above mine. “You're really pretty.” His eyes widened as my comment caught him off guard.

“You know, you keep saying that but I don’t think I am.” He was looking down.

“No! You are so damn gorgeous! I can’t tell you how far I’ve fallen for you.” Our position was a bit awkward as my neck was bent back as I leaned against the bed still seated on the floor. While Finney was now lying on his stomach with his head and hands slightly over the edge. “When I wake up the first thing that comes to my mind is you. You mean everything to me Finney.” His eyes were glistening with tears ready to fall.

“That’s so stupid.” He laughed a little but it hurt to see that he was doubting himself.

“It’s not! Looks don’t even matter Finney. What I fell in love with isn’t your preciosa cara. (Beautiful face.) It was your incredible personality. The way you laugh this small adorable laugh. The way your eyes brighten at the sight of anything spacey. Even how you will never throw a punch even when you're getting beaten, because you’re too kind. I don’t even compare to you Finney.” The tears he had held back finally started pouring out of those mystical dark brown eyes. He looked so fragile and so soft.

“God damnit Robin. Why are you like this?” I couldn’t help but be a bit confused at his statement. “You're so amazing. You're the one I should be explaining these things to.” He had my full attention. “You are the best thing in my life next to Gwen. You make me want to get out of bed. You make me want to risk getting beat by my dad just so I can see your smile in the morning.” What he said about his dad hurt me a lot more than I think he expected. I didn’t want him getting hurt for me but I now know he loves me just as much as I love him. That made tears form their way into my own eyes.

“I guess I am just that awesome huh?” My voice was light and I kept sniffling slightly, while Finney gave an equally quiet but pleased laugh.

“I guess so.” We ended up staring at each other for a minute before I slowly moved so my back was no longer against the bed. I was still seated on the floor but I was now facing Finney who was laying on the bed stomach down. I then scooted as close to him as I could and our lips softly connected. It was another blissful moment with him. I don’t think we’d ever go farther than a kiss seeing as how sensitive Finney was from current trauma but I didn’t need anything from him. I simply wanted to be close to him. Enough that I could protect him and my life would be complete.

We soon stopped and went back to staring.

“Finney, you are as cool as a red dwarf.” I saw Finney look at me as his face turned into a display of confusion until he started laughing.

“Oh my god, did you just make a science pun?” He was full on laughing and I couldn’t help the small giggle that escaped me. “Robin, You're as hot as a wolf/rayet.” There was a long moment of silence before we both burst into laughter.

“Thanks for the compliment Finn.” I didn’t even register that I called him Finn until I saw him blushing at me. “Oh sorry, It just slipped out.”

“No no! It’s ok. I’m happy you called me that.” His demeanor almost went sad as he continued. “You haven’t called me Finn since we got taken. I’m happy you did.” I was smiling like some lovesick girl by now.

“Of course. Anything for you Finn.”

El Fin. (The end.)

Hope you all enjoyed it. I couldn’t tell if it was an ok ending or not so I hope it wasn’t bad and the science pun is based off of how red dwarfs are red and known for cooler temperatures and wolf/rayets are blue which means hotter temperatures so I thought I could make a pun out of it. I’m not very into space but I’m a total science geek and love it! I will also be writing another story based off of Rinney so if anyone has ideas for it I’d love to hear! Be safe my baby's!!!