Chapter 4.

Robins Pov.

 I felt Finney’s body relax as it then leaned on me for support. When I opened my eyes which stung like a bitch I saw Finney asleep. I will protect him. I won’t let anything happen to him even if it costs me my life. Finney’s safety was my top priority as it always was, but now so more than ever. 

I gently laid him on the mattress as I sat against the wall watching the door. I wasn’t going to let him die. Finney was gonna make it out safe, and the grabber wasn’t. Soon enough though, my eyes were getting tired and I fell asleep against the wall hoping the grabber wouldn't come in while we were unguarded. 

~ Le time skip.~

I jolt awake as I hear a creak in the door. My eyes had gotten a bit better but the sting was still there. I look straight ahead to see the grabber standing by the door with a freaky mask on. I glare at him as he just stares at us. During the stare off I feel a shuffle and see Finney still asleep as he curled himself into a ball. He was so cute but now was not the time to fawn over him. It was the time to be on guard. Why did the grabber want us? I never heard of him taking two children at once. So he either wanted only one of us or he decided he was getting good enough for a challenge. Either wouldn’t be good. 

“What do you want?” I didn’t like him staring at us. Especially at Finney. 

“Just to see how you're all doing. How are your eyes?” He continued to stand by the door, and I’m so glad he didn’t come any closer. 

“Our eyes hurt. FInney can’t even see well.” His eyes widened slightly at my response. 

“Finney huh?” Shit. I said Finney’s name out loud. It was disgusting to hear him say it. I hated it. “So that’s his name. Thanks kid.” He then left in a swift motion before I could say anything else. I silently panicked as I had given the grabber his name. How could I have been so stupid. 

“Damn it!” I sighed as I placed my head in my hands, trying to remain calm. 

“Robin?” I heard Finney sitting up, and within that second all my attention and focus was on him. “Are you ok? You look worried.” I smiled at his own worry for me as he was now in a sitting position with his legs to the side. 

“Sorry Finney. I accidentally gave your name to the grabber. I’m so sorry.” I looked down as I didn’t want him to see me like this. I felt ashamed. I was supposed to help him yet I was screwing everything up for us. After a moment he responded.

“Robin. Don’t be sorry. It was an accident. Our names will be put in the papers eventually and he’d be able to find out then so it was only a matter of time. It’s ok.” He grabbed one of my hands and held it with both of his. I looked up to see him smiling at me though it was clear he was still nervous. 

“Thanks Finney. You're too sweet, you know that?” I smiled at him as he blushed slightly. The pink tint to his cheeks makes him all the more adorable. 

“So what are we gonna do?” Finney’s blush was still prominent on his face but the seriousness to his voice showed he was ready to get the hell out of here. I knew what he had meant. 

“We're gonna get out of here. Since the grabber just left we should have enough time to do some searching before he comes back. Let’s start looking for anything we can use, ok?” He nodded his head in agreement as we then both started wandering around in search of anything useful. 

As I look for things I see Finney stare at a black phone hanging on the wall near the mattress. I noticed it before but figured it was broken considering we’ve been kidnapped and there’s no way someone would make the mistake of placing a functional phone in a locked basement.

“Finney. What are you doing?” He doesn’t turn around as he answers. 

“It rang.” I had stopped what I was doing by now to give him my full attention. 

“What?” He finally turned to face me. 

“The phone. It rang.” We looked at each other for a moment before I walked towards him and the phone. I picked it up and heard nothing. Not even a dial tone. 

“You sure? When did it ring?” I hung the phone up as I faced Finney.

“It rang like two minutes ago. It was ringing.” He looked confused and unsure. “Maybe I was just imagining it.” He looked almost as if he was disappointed. 

“Hey, It’s ok. If it rings again, answer it. I’ll be right beside you ok?” I wasn’t sure on how to make him feel better because I was just as confused as he was honestly. 

“Ok, thanks Robin.” We then continued our search and by the time we got tired we were sitting on the mattress just contemplating life and such. As we were resting I saw Finney jerk his head to the side towards the phone. “Robin. It’s ringing again.” 

He looked at me and I could tell he was scared. 

“It’s ok we can answer it together alright?” We stood up to answer it and seeing Finney so scared and hesitant made my stomach churn. I hated seeing him so vulnerable. After a few seconds he picks it up and brings it slowly to his face. I lean in close as well but still can’t hear anything. 

“Hello?” Finney's voice is quiet but clear. After a bit he attempts to hang it up, but before he can he brings it back to his ear. “Hello? Is anybody there?” All of the sudden Finney drops the phone and steps back from it. 

“What happened? Did someone answer?” He looked scared. I pick up the phone to see if I can hear anything but I don’t.

“Someone spoke. It sounded like someone I’ve met before but I don’t know for sure. Is that weird?” I’m not gonna lie, that was weird. It was weird that only he could hear the ring, that only he could hear the voice. All of this was overwhelming and confusing. 

“It is strange but given your past with your sister it makes some sense. You're not weird, Finney. You're perfect!” He gave me a real full smile and I couldn’t help but return it! “Now what did this voice say? Anything useful on how to get out?” His face turned gloomy as he peered down. 

“He said hi and that was it. I dropped the phone because I was shocked. I’m sorry. If I stayed on the phone I could have asked for help but I didn’t. I’m sorry.” He started tearing up and I immediately took hold of his sweet sweet face. 

“It’s not your fault, and who knows, this voice might have not said anything that could help us so don’t be sorry.” His eyes started clearing a bit more but it was clear as day that he was distressed over the whole thing. 

“Robin, it’s ringing again.” He snatched the phone out of my hand. 

“Hello?” After a few seconds his eyes widened. “Your Bruce.” It was my turn to be shocked as I heard the name of one of the missing kids. One who I knew from school. “Bruce Yamada.” Finney continued talking to him as I stood there trying to understand the conversation from only Finney’s voice. 

He eventually hung up and filled me in on what just occurred. 

“It was Bruce from school. He said that there’s a section of the floor that’s loose by the bathroom. If we dig deep enough we could get out!” He sounded so hopeful and if it was true. It was a good idea. 

“Then let's do it!” He hung up the phone again and we ran to the floor to start our first attempt at freedom. I just hoped we could do it before the grabber got any ideas.