Chapter 5.

Finney’s Pov.

Me and Robin had just sat down panting. (Not like that you dirty minds) We had dug up quite a bit of dirt from the floor and were tired. Luckily the grabber hadn’t come in while we were busy otherwise we’d have a huge problem. Robin had gotten so tired he fell asleep shortly after we finished digging for the day. I remained awake due to me sleeping only a few hours ago, so I wasn’t tired.

 I closed my eyes as I sat down, relishing in the only peaceful moment I would probably get for a while. I had only sat down for a moment before the door opened and the said peaceful mood was soon ruined. I peered up to see it was the one and only grabber. I straightened up a little and my restful body tensed once again. 

“You're finally awake.” The way he said it made me shiver which did not go unnoticed by him.  “Don’t be scared. I’m not going to hurt you.” I didn’t believe him. He most definitely kidnapped all the other kids making him a dangerous person. 

“Stay away from me.” I was a lot more scared with Robin asleep but I didn’t want to wake him since I knew he needed it. 

“Like I said.” He paused for a moment allowing a strange atmosphere to take place before he continued. “I’m not gonna hurt you kid… I’ve been waiting for you.” He had only the bottom of his mask on but I could tell he was smiling as his eye creases stretched up and a mischievous twinkle formed in the iris of them. He was enjoying this... My fear for him… It was like a game to him. A game he played often and won. He was showing just how dangerous he was. “Are you hungry? How ‘bout I fix you and your friend a snack? Hmm?" I couldn't say anything as confusion filled my mind. I was unable to think of anything to say. “Alrighty then! I’ll be back ok?” He then left. I turned to look at Robin still sleeping soundly as I remained awake and untired. I decided I could dig some more before the grabber came back, and that's what I did. I got a few more inches deep before I heard the sound of the door unlock and I sprinted back to the mattress.

“Hello again! I brought some food and some drinks. Gosh you must be thirsty.” He set a tray down with two green glass bottles and two small plates of plain looking eggs. He then started approaching me. I stepped as far back to the wall as I could. He then reached his hand out and caressed my cheek. I grimaced slightly from the contact. 

“Please don’t.” My voice was quiet but I knew he heard me. He stopped and his hand soon retracted back to his side. I gave a small sigh of relief. “Thank you.” 

“Of course! You're such a good boy!” His voice was high pitched and he sounded happy. I, on the other hand, was disgusted. I felt so uncomfortable but was pleased he respected my boundaries. Though I couldn’t help but wonder how long that would last. “I should get going now. Don’t worry ‘cause I’ll be back later!” After that he shut the door once again and he was gone. I started sliding down the wall as I closed my eyes in relief that he was finally absent. I stared at the food for a bit before deciding I should wake Robin up so he can eat too. We needed the energy that's for sure. 

Robins Pov. 

I felt a nudge to my side as I was being woken up. Immediately scared that it could be the grabber or Finney in danger, I jerk up as my eyes snap open. I look around for only a second before realizing it’s just Finney and he’s unharmed. A huge and content sigh leaves my lips as I then look around to see a tray with food on it. 

“The grabber left it for us. I thought you’d be hungry.” I look to see Finney peering at me as he then nudges his head towards the food. 

“I am. Thanks Finney.” As we started eating and drinking I started thinking more about all that’s been happening. Why did the grabber choose us or one of us? Why was he keeping us alive? And why the hell hasn’t this cabrón tried anything with us? So many more questions kept popping into my head and I was soon exhausted from thinking. I look at Finney to see he’s just staring at the phone and he’s done with his food. I place the bottles and trays towards the door before I sit next to him, trying to grasp what he’s thinking. “What ya thinkin’ about?” 

“You know.. Bruce.” I see him look down as I could only make a sound to signify I was listening. “I just didn’t think he’d be the one on the other end.” I soon looked down as well realizing that what he said meant Bruce was gone, and he wasn’t coming back. I looked back up to see Finney had tears in his eyes and his lip was quivering slightly. 

“Hey. It’s gonna be ok. Bruce may be gone but now we can avenge him by getting out and getting the grabber locked up. We can avenge all the others too.” I was trying to sound positive but knowing Bruce and so many others were gone made it hard to concentrate on anything happy. 

“Thanks Robin.” I see Finney yawn before closing his eyes a bit. It was obvious he was getting tired. 

“Why don’t you get some sleep? You look like shit Finney.” I gave a small laugh as did Finney before he responded.

“Gee. Thanks for the compliment, and you do know you don’t look much better than me right?” He smiled a bit and I was happy to see he wasn’t focused on Bruce or the death of the others right now. He didn’t need that on his mind.

“Yeah yeah. Lay down. You can put your head on my lap.” I smirked knowing he’d blush from this and I loved seeing his hermosa blush! It made him look fragile and elegant. It was incredible. 

“Robin!” He complained but I didn’t care. He soon enough placed his head on my lap as I was sitting against the wall on the mattress. I eventually started stroking his hair lovingly as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. Seeing him sleep always made me feel so proud. Like I was the only one able to see him so vulnerable. I know it sounds bad but I could watch him for hours and not get bored of counting the curls that fall on his face. The way his nose twitches like a bunny, or how his lips part ever so slightly allowing only a second to see his pearly white teeth. He doesn’t snore, he sighs and he always automatically tucks himself in with his arms under his head or side while his knees get close to his stomach. It’s so cute!!!! I soon drift off as well looking at Finney, finally feeling some tranquility even if only for a moment.