Chapter 10.

Robin’s Pov.

I was holding Finney close as he slept. I decided I would check his wounds when he woke up in order to not scare him. I didn’t want to do anything without his permission and if I was right he would be very scared and sensitive so I needed to make sure I was careful and patient with him.

~Time skip.~

An hour or so had passed since Finney was brought in and he had remained asleep. I couldn’t wait for him to wake up so I could see those gorgeous brown eyes of his.

After another twenty minutes or so Finney started shifting. Soon enough his eyes opened and I could see nothing but tiredness and pain in them. It was terrifying. Seeing him in such a state sent chills up my spine. I wished to bring the sparkle in his eyes back as soon as I could.

“Finney. Are you ok?” I knew he wasn’t but I had to ask. I just wanted him to say something, anything honestly.

“It just hurts. Sorry.” Why was he apologizing?

“Finney, don’t you dare apologize. It’s not your fault.” It was clear I was angry at his comment but I knew he wouldn’t take offense to it.

“But. I’m just a burden. You even said I have to stick up for myself and I haven’t once since we got here.” His voice was still hoarse and I hated it.

“No. You stuck up for me Finney. You asked the grabber to stop and you were the one who walked in front of him to block him from me! I don’t know anyone who would do that. You're the bravest person I know. You don’t have to fight to be strong and you proved that. Your amazing Finney.” Everything I said was the truth. He really was the most incredible person. “Hey Finn?” He hummed in response prompting me to continue. “Can I… Can I check your wounds?” He looked confused until he realized what I was asking. His head tilted to the side away from my gaze. “Please? I won’t touch just look, and you can keep your underwear on. I only want to make sure it’s taken care of and not infected.”

“Ok. Please be gentle though.” I sighed contently as he allowed me to take his pants and shirt off.

“Thank you amor. I’ll be careful and if you want me to stop just say, ok?” I gently took his shirt off and saw bruises and some cuts along his abdomen. He was so skinny. After I checked his front and back I put his shirt back on. But when I made it to his pants he stopped me.

“Can I just tell you?” The fear was so obvious in voice and I hated how it sounded. I gently held his hand as I spoke.

“Of course. Are you ok with telling me though?” I didn’t want to push him. It had only been a few hours since his return and I would never force him to relive something that was that traumatizing.

“It’s ok. He…touched me. He brought me upstairs to a room with a big bed. The room was dark and it looked soundproof as well with a bunch of padding on the walls.” I could tell my hand was tightening its grip and I tried hard to relax it in fear I’d hurt him. “I wouldn’t stop screaming and kicking so he hit me twice in the face. I had almost blacked out from the pain.” He paused for a bit before continuing. “He took my pants off and then my boxers, then he took his own off.” He had started tearing up and soon his eyes were closed and his face turned into a dark frown of sadness. I also had tears forming in my eyes as he spoke. “Then he…then he…raped me.” He was crying now and so was I.

I brought Finney's face close to mine as I then hugged him. He took no time in returning it as soon his arms were wrapped around me. We were just sitting while hugging and crying. It was a sad moment. I never would have thought something like this would have happened. It was still so unreal.

“It’s going to be alright. I’m gonna get us out of this. I promise.” We were both exhausted but more so mentally. I wasn’t going to risk sleeping though. Not until I had a way of getting Finney out.

When Finney had resumed resting I got up and started picking at the bolts on the vent. I found a wash that was used to flush the toilet as I then tried using it for the screws. It was working! The screw was loosening up! I now had all the hope I needed to get us out as I started removing the bolts one by one.

Bang!!! The grille had fallen off and I scrammed to the main room to make sure  I didn’t wake Finney up. It seems as though I didn’t because he was still sleeping on the mattress as I left him. I ran back to the now opened vent and peered in.

It was the perfect amount of room for me and Finney to fit through but not the grabber with his big frame. I tried to pull myself up into it to see if it would hold us but I wasn’t able to get in since there wasn’t anything to hold onto. Meaning all I needed to do was find a way to get in and we’d be free!

After I got down from the toilet I started jumping up in excitement remembering to stay quiet for Finney.

“Finney! We're gonna get out!”