14 | Luke

UPDATE BECAUSE IM SEE 5SOS TOMORROW AND MY EXCITEMENT IS OFF THE SCALE. SO I THOUGHT I'D UPDATE. MIGHT EVEN GIVE YOU ANOTHER UPDATE BEFORE THE CONCERT TOMORROW BUT JUST IN CASE MY SCHEDULE IS MESSED IP AND I DONT, HERE YOU GO. AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK IM JUST TOO EXCITED, LIKE I CAN BARELY COPE.
------------------------

I walked into school, everyone once again smiling at me like they used to it. I didn't miss this as much as I thought. I approached Chelsea's locker. This was the first thing on my list I needed to do. Now that I was captain again there was some stuff that needed sorting out. I stood behind her open locker and waited. She shut it and was startled seeing me stood there.

"What do you want, Hemmings?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"I want you to put Maddie back on the squad"

"No. What she did broke the rules. You know that. Just because your stupid team mates put you back on the team doesn't mean I should do the same"

"Maddie's one of your strongest members. You know that"

"I'm the best person on this squad and that's not changing"

"But you're not. Everyone knows that. You see Maddie as a threat to you. That's why you want her off the squad"

"You don't know anything, Luke"

"We're on a first name basis now then?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes. "But you didn't deny my theory so I'm right"

"Listen, Luke. You want to know how it got out about you two?" She paused. "It was me. I had my suspicions. I saw you two. I took the picture and let everyone know" I smirked and pulled my phone from out of my back pocket.

"Thanks, Chelsea" I said partially sincerely and stopped the recording, letting her see the screen before walking off, not bothering to look back.

*******

"Calum, listen to this" I said, pulling him aside on the way to our lockers. I started to play it and held it close to him so no one else heard.

"Wow, that girl's got some problems" He said once it had finished.

"Tell me about it"

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I have no idea"

"Well, make me a part of whatever plan you come up with"

*******

"Hey coach, can we talk to you?" I asked after knocking on the P.E. office door. I decided that maybe coach might be able to help. He's head of the department after all.

"Yeah, go on"

"You see, we need a favour"

"Go on"

**

"Luke, sadly, I have no reason to kick her off the squad"

"But she sabotaged Maddie"

"Karma will get her"

"But I can't get the law gone without Chelsea gone"

"You're smart, Hemmings, you'll figure something out I'm sure"

******

Calum and I walked into the cafeteria. It was finally lunch. All I'd been able to think about was Chelsea. She's the one girl that I can't stand in this world. We grabbed our lunch and walked over to our usual table. I saw Maddie sat talking to Kyle, Josh and Taylor.

"I was wondering where you guys had gotten too" Maddie said as we took our seats.

"We had some stuff to sort out with coach last lesson"

"Thanks for leaving me by myself last period" She said. We had had a free period and Calum and I decided that was a perfect time to talk to Coach Williams as there weren't so many people about.

"Sorry"

"Chelsea came over and talked to me. Something about you and her and I wasn't really listening"

"She did?" Maddie nodded. I sighed as Maddie raised her eyebrows, wanting me to continue and make things clearer for her. "I tried to get you back on the squad"

"Luke, you really don't need too. It doesn't bother me"

"I'm also trying to get her off the squad"

"I want to be a part of that"

"Luke, you do realise that the person who has the most dirt on the cheerleaders is sat right next to you?" Calum asked. I looked at him then Maddie. "I was waiting for you to figure it out"

"OK, so what do you know?"

"Well, I saw Jordan and Chelsea out together the other day"

"Where?" Kyle asked. I had forgot they were sat with us.

"Ben wanted to see 'Home' so we went to the cinema and they were stood in line buying tickets for some horror film"

"Wait, you went to see 'Home' without me?" I asked.

"Yeah. I didn't know we were meant to see it together"

"I just told your brother that I'd go with you both. He practically begged me"

"I'm pretty sure he likes you more than me sometimes"

"Well, what can I say?"

"Anyway, guys, back to the point at hand"

"Uh yeah, but how do we know that they weren't just in the queue together coincidentally"

"They were holding hands"

"If only you had a picture like they did of you two it would be perfect" Taylor said.

"Who said I didn't?" Maddie pulled out her phone and opened it to a picture of Chelsea and Jordan stood holding hands.

"You are amazing" I told her, kissing the side of her forehead.

"But what are we going to do with that?"

"We've got a recording of her saying she took the picture and we have a picture of her and Jordan" Calum said.

"So, now we've sunk to her level?" Maddie asked.

"Good point. We can't do the same to her as she did to us. It won't work"

"I'm sure the six of us can come up with something but for now lets keep all of this between us" I told them and looked to see everyone in agreement.

----------------------------
Please vote, comment and all that. Thanks for reading. :)
P.S. If you're going to see 5sos or have been I hope you have/had a fantastic time!