22 | Madison

Hey....... I'm updating today because I'm on holiday for the next two weeks and I will be able to update but I thought I would now in case I forget to. The updates won't be on the usual Friday and possible Sunday. So, here it is! I really like this chapter, so I hope you do. I need myself a Luke Hemmings. Happy reading!
-----------------------------------

"Hey" Luke said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. He leaned down and placed his lips onto mine. "I love doing that" He mumbled pulling away. I blushed lightly.

"So, what was so urgent?"

"I'm taking you on a date"

"What if I don't want to go?"

"You don't get much choice. Go get ready"

"What should I wear?"

"Something dressy yet comfy and bring something to keep you warm later. I've got blankets in the truck if we need them"

"What the hell have you got planned, Lucas?"

"Now that's a surprise. I've said too much already"

"You've said nothing"

"Shut up"

"Fuck you"

"Not till later, babe" He smirked and winked before I put up my middle finger and walked up the stairs.

*******

"Luke, this is your amazing idea?"

"You love it here. We can go somewhere else if you want" We had a arrived at one of my favourite restaurants. It was an New York Italian place. They did the best food.

"No, it's fine. I just wasn't expecting this. As long as you're sure, this place isn't cheap"

"I wouldn't have brought you here if I wasn't" He said, taking my hand in his yet let me lead the way. "Reservation under Hemmings" He told the bored looking host.

"Right this way" She said, leading us to the booth at the back. Also known as the best table. It was almost tucked away. They never sat anyone here without request.

"Did you get this table especially?"

"Yep, with much persuasion" I smiled. Luke was really going to a lot of effort.

****

"Thank you, Luke" I said, kissing his cheek and we walked out the restaurant hand in hand.

"You're very welcome, but we're not done yet" He unlocked the car and opened my door before going round to his side. He started the car and began to drive towards the outskirts of town. There wasn't much this way to do. We continued driving for another half an hour before turning down a long road. There was a large sign saying Kingsville Drive-In Theatre. I smiled. I hadn't been here in probably five years since my brother moved away. He always brought me as a child. Luke paid the guy at the kiosk before driving to the screen. He parked so that the end of the truck was facing the screen. He got out and I followed him round to the back. He opened the back and turned to face me.

"Get in" He gestured to the truck filled with blankets and pillows.

"I haven't got long legs like some"

"Oh sorry, come here" I walked closer and he picked me up, sitting me on the edge.

"Thank you"

"Welcome" He said, easily sitting down on the edge before shuffling to the back of the truck so he was sat up against the back of it. I did the same and readjusted the pillows and cushions that were scattered. I sat on one whilst using the rest to put behind me. Luke did the same pretty much.