26 | Luke

Double update on a random day because why not? Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------

I moved as my mum tried to put the cap on my head. It was graduation day. It was 7:45 and we had to be at school for 8:20 to start the ceremony at 8:30. Maddie was getting here earlier than she normally would today after my mum's request. I heard the door bell ring and my mum went over to answer it. I heard Maddie's mum's voice along with Maddie's own.

"Luke, come out here!" I heard my mum shout. I walked out, grabbing the cap she had put on the table. I walked outside and saw Maddie stood awkwardly next to her mum. I stood next to mine and looked over at Maddie. Her hair was in perfectly curled waves and I could tell she'd spent ages getting her make up right, especially her eye liner. She hadn't zipped up her gown yet and it was open still, just like mine.

"Hey" I said.

"Hi"

"You look amazing" I told her as I walked closer, pulling us away from our parents slightly.

"You don't look bad yourself" She said, grabbing my gown and pulling me closer. I smirked down at her before wrapping my arms around her waist and leaning down to kiss her. She kissed back and smiled into the kiss.

"Uh, Lucas, would you mind removing yourself from my daughter?" I heard Maddie's mum say. We pulled away and I looked at Maddie to see her blushing. I was probably the same. I mumbled a sorry to her mum as I wrapped my arm around Maddie's waist. "So, when did your son decide to ask out my daughter, Liz?"

"I'm not sure. Luke, when did you decide to ask out Madison?"

"A few days ago" I said, looking down at Maddie.

"Thank god for that. I wondered how much longer you two being oblivious to one another's feelings was going to last" My mum said and Maddie's nodded in agreement. They started to take pictures and eventually we were done.

"Well, you guys better get going. We'll meet you there" Maddie's mum said. We nodded and quickly hugged them before getting into my truck.

"So, this is it" Maddie said once we were on the way to school. Our hands were rested, intertwined on the gear stick.

"What do you mean?"

"This is our last day of high school. The last time we'll ever see some of the people here"

"I hadn't really thought about it. Thanks for making me feel slightly sad" I joked.

"Oh, shut up" She said, nudging me.

"Hey, I'm driving" I saw her roll her eyes out the corner of my eye.

"Have you heard from UCLA yet?"

"Coach said I should know by the end of this week"

"You'll be fine"

"I'm still not sure about doing football though"

"Then don't. If you're doubting it then don't do it. What else would you do?"

"I'd love to do music. I looked into the course and it studies writing, performing, everything"

"Luke, you should do that. The smile on your face says it all"

"What about you? Have you even told me where you applied?"

"Mum made me apply to Harvard but no chance am I ending up there. But I applied to UCLA" She told me casually.

"You applied to UCLA?" She nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" I tried to control the smile on my face but I couldn't.