23 | Luke

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was out all day and forgot. But here you go....
-----------------------------

"Luke, are you doing anything today? I could do with your help around the house otherwise" Mum said to me as we ate breakfast.

"Sorry, I'm going with Cal to get suits"

"For prom?" My dad asked. I nodded.

"Don't get one with all the frilly stuff on it, Lucas" Mum told me.

"Don't worry, I won't"

"Are you and Maddie matching?"

"Not sure. She's wearing blue but I'm gonna see what the ties look like on"

"Dark blue or light?"

"Sky blue as Maddie described it"

"Don't forget the corsage"

"Yeah, I know. I'm getting it the Friday before. We're going to see about them today though"

"Alright, well have fun" My mum said, kissing my cheek before taking my plate into the kitchen whilst I went to grab my phone before leaving the house to drive to Calum's.

********

"How's this look?" Calum asked, turning to face me coming out of his changing room. He was wearing a normal black suit with a white shirt and black tie.

"You look great, Cal. Kayli's gonna love you" I said, winking at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Do you think Kayli and I should match? Like are you matching with Maddie?"

"Do you want to? I want to match with Maddie but she said it's cheesy"

"Shall we match with our dates together?" Calum asked, a smirk growing on his face. I nodded and smirked too. I wonder how Maddie will react. "Maddie hasn't happened to tell you what colour Kayli's dress is, has she?"

"Uh, I don't think so. She said it's extravagant and pretty though. I'll text Maddie" I waited for a while before the text came through. "Maddie says champagne"

"Which is?"

"A creamy gold colour"

"So, something like this?" Calum asked, picking a cream tie off the rack he was now stood next too.

"Yeah, that looks right" I told him. He put it back on the rack picking up a thinner one of the same colour. He took the tie off he had on swapped it for the new one. He turned to face me and I nodded before going into the fitting room next to him to change into my potential suit. When I was done I stepped out to see Calum stood in front of the mirror still with a different tie.

"Uh, Luke, forget something?" He asked and I looked at him confused. "Your tie, mate"

"I don't know which to wear"

"Try the black one first" I quickly put it on. "The black looks fine"

"What about this one?" I swapped to the sky blue tie I'd also picked out.

"That looks good, get that one and match with Maddie" I nodded before we changed and went to pay.

*****

"Hi, can I help you guys?" A woman asked as we walked into a florists. This was very not us. Calum looked at me weirdly as he touched a random flower.

"Um, hi, we wanted to order some corsages if that's possible?" I said, trying to be as polite as possible.

"Sure, for prom?" She asked, placing an iPad on the counter in front of us and bringing up a corsage photo gallery.

"Yeah"

"Who's first?" We looked at each other and Calum offered. "What's her dress like?"

"Champagne coloured I think"

"OK, so what about this?" She showed a corsage with cream flowers, jewels and a light brown/champagne ribbon. Calum nodded and she took all his information before turning to me.

"So, dress colour?"

"Sky blue"

"This?" The corsage had blue ribbon, beads and jewels as well as small whiteish flowers and cream flowers that had been dyed with blue on the tips.

"Yes, thanks" I told her and she nodded before getting all my information too.

"When would you like to pick them up?" She asked.

"Friday" Calum said. Prom was on the Saturday and we wanted to be ready.

"OK, see you then" She said and left the shop.

"Well, that was successful day" Calum said as we walked to my car.

"Yeah, it was"

********

"Did you get your suit?" Maddie asked, trying to look up at me but failing since her head was rested on my chest and my arm around her shoulders.

"Yeah"

"What colour's the tie?"

"Blue. Hopefully the same as your dress"

"What about corsages? Have you got me one?"

"It's ordered"

"I can't wait for prom"

"Me neither" She turned around to face me and leaned in, placing her lips to mine. I kissed back, holding her waist whilst she sat on my lap.

"Luke, your broth- oh, sorry, I didn't realise Maddie was here" We pulled apart to see my mum stood at the door with Jack behind her.

"That's my brother" Jack said, walking into my room and coming over to us and ruffling my hair. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. I looked over at Maddie to see her being squashed by Jack who had sat on her lap. She laughed as he told her some random story. God I loved her laugh.

---------------------------
Random filler I guess. Anyway, enjoy. I'm also thinking of doing a new book which has nothing to do with the one I posted about before. That'll be once this book's finished. I'm not doing a sequel unless I get lots of requests but I have no plans too because I can't think of enough ideas but it could work. Please comment and vote and share! Thanks for reading 😊!