29 | Maddie

"So, this is it" Liz said as she hugged me then her son. "You guys better come home and visit, OK?"

"Trust me, we will"

"OK. Have a good time. Call me as often as you can"

"Mum, we're gonna be OK. We'll call you in a few days" Luke told her and she nodded.

"OK, well I better get going before the traffic gets too bad. I love you both" I smiled as she hugged me first then Luke.

"We love you too, mum"

"Look after yourselves, I'll see you soon" She said as she got in her car. We waved her off before going back into the small house we'd rented with Calum and Kayli on campus.

"This is it, Mads. We're at college" Luke said, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me. I laughed as he lifted me up slightly. He put me down and we walked into the house. There were two descent sized bathrooms, two bedrooms and an open plan living area with a small kitchen, living room and dining area. We went into our bedroom and Luke wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You know, this bed needs to be worn in"

"Lucas Robert Hemmings, what would your mother say!"

"Babe, we're at college. No more parents"

"Luke, they still exist"

"Yes but right now it's just us"

"You realise we haven't actually had sex since we became a couple, right?"

"Then let's change that"

"Not now, Luke. Another time"

"Yeah, guys, another time. Perhaps when you're housemates aren't present" We both turned to see Calum and Kayli stood in the bedroom doorway.

"Now help us with our stuff" Kayli said. God that girl can be demanding.

"We've still got ours to finish so unless you help us with ours we're not helping you with yours" I told her.

"Don't be feisty, it turns me on" Luke mumbled in my ear and I hit his arm before walking out to the truck. I grabbed a couple more boxes and Luke grabbed the last two and we carried them into our room. I pulled out a couple of cushions and placed them on the bed. I pulled out a couple of note books and put them on my desk along with a couple of pots of pens and pencils as well as some post it notes and index cards.

"How are you so organised?" Luke complained and I turned to see his desk covered in various items. "Do it for me?" He asked and I nodded going over to sort his desk out. "Thank you, baby" He said, once I was done.

"Luke, you're not gonna get any, stop pestering my friend for sex" Kayli said appearing at the door. "Anyway, come help me arrange mine and Calum's room and then let's go see what we can find in the greater college world"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Go find Calum. You can help him bring in boxes" Kayli commanded. He rolled his eyes yet did as she said anyway.

"You've got way too much control over my boyfriend" She just shrugged and walked off, me following after.

***

"To us" Calum cheered as we sat in the small living room that was now ours for the next three years. He raised his beer bottle in the air and we all copied.

"This house is pretty cool, right?" I asked Calum and Luke. Kayli and I were the only ones who came up here and sorted it out. This was the first time the boys had seen it.

"Yeah, you girls did good" Luke told us.

"Damn right we did" Kayli put her hand out to hi-five me, stretching over the table between the two sofas. "What classes are we all majoring in?" Kayli asked.

"Music" Luke told her.

"Media" I replied.

"Music"

"OK, so, you two will probably have the same schedules" Kayli told Luke and Calum and they nodded.

"Yeah, we're in the same class" Luke said.

"And then Maddie and I will be all alone"

"I think you'll survive" Calum told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, we have to get up early tomorrow for that initiation thing" Luke said. "So, we better head to bed" I glanced at the clock seeing it was midnight. We had to be seated by 9 tomorrow morning.

"Yeah, night, guys" I said, joining Luke at the door.

**

"Our first night together" Luke said.

"Yep, how cool is this? We're basically free"

"Parents still exist" He mocked me from earlier.

"Shut up" I said laughing slightly as I rolled on my side so my back was facing him.

"I'm joking, come back" He wrapped his arms around my waist and I turned to face him with my head on his chest.

"Night, Luke"

"Night, Mads" He said, kissing my forehead before we fell asleep. I had a good feeling about the next three years.