17 | Luke & Maddie

Sorry I didn't update yesterday like I usually do. I had my prom last night so I couldn't. But prom was good!!!! I've also finished school until September now so yay!

Anyway, enjoy! I guess this is kind of a big chapter, the picture's kind of a hint.....
------------------------------------

Luke's P.O.V

"So, we still on for tonight, Hemmings?" Calum asked at lunch.

"Yeah, Maddie's got practice after school so we've got a good two hours to set it all up"

"OK, we going straight there from school?"

"Yeah, her mum isn't home till seven so we can just let ourselves in" I paused. "Thanks for doing this, Cal"

"It's alright. You're still helping me out with Kayli though"

"Yeah, I know. What have you planned for that?"

"I have no idea yet"

"Just think of something cute, she'll love it. She's bound to say yes anyway"

"You think?"

"Come on, Cal. Girls love you"

"God, knows why" He said. "What about Maddie, will she say yes?"

"I hope so. She said she'd been waiting for someone to ask her though"

"You probably" I shrugged. "So, are you just going as friends or what?"

"Friends. We both know Maddie doesn't see me as anything else"

"Woah wait, how do you feel for Maddie?"

"I don't know anymore, Calum. We were friends but now every time I look at her, I don't want us to be just friends, I want us to be more than that. She's amazing. I don't know what to do"

"I wish I knew what to tell you, Luke, but I have no idea"

*****

"So, just stick these pictures on the wall?"

"Pretty much" I said to Calum. We were currently at Maddie's house. I had used the spare key and got in. We were in her room. I was getting Calum to help me set up my 'promposal.' "Make sure you spell it right"

"Very funny, Hemmings. Now go set up the other part"

"Let me help you first. If it's wrong I'll kill you" I joined Calum in sticking the photos on the wall.

***

Calum gave up helping me after five minutes and sat on Maddie's bed on his phone for the rest of the time I was setting everything up. I went downstairs and to the hallway door that led to the stairs and stuck the first note I had wrote to the front. I continued this with five other notes putting them on the floor, walls and doors on the way to her room.

"Calum, you've got to go now. She won't be long" It was 4:45 and I knew Maddie would be home around 5 and I still had to get ready.

"Alright, good luck"

"Thanks"

"Do I get a thanks for helping as well?"

"Fuck no, you did nothing"

"You're a great friend, Luke" Calum said as he walked out the room, sarcasm clear in his voice. Once Calum had gone I grabbed my clothes from my backpack. I quickly changed into the red flannel, buttoning it up all the way. I left my black skinny jeans and all black converse on. I then sat on the bed waiting for Maddie to come home. She said she would text me when she got home tonight and see if I wanted to come over. I just had to wait till then.