Chapter 21

"Get away from her. I lost her once. I won't lose her again" said Gomez.

"This is not Morticia! Granny, tell her the truth!" said Calvin.

"I don't know what you're talking about" said Grandmama.

"She's lying!" said Charles Wallace.

"Darn right. Morticia didn't die herself! She did it! She's been lying to you all along!" said Sam.

"I'm warning you, kids. Step away" said Gomez.

He drew a sword and pointed it at Calvin's chest.

"Don't think that because you pull out your sword, I'm gonna let you marry my friend" said Calvin.

"My patience is wearing thin. Morticia, my darling, come along" said Gomez.

"I'm not Morticia" said Meg.

"You must be" said Gomez.

"Her name is Meg. She's from Anaheim" said Charles Wallace.

"Granny over there wants you to think she's Morticia so this curse would be lifted" said Sam.

"That is absurd" Grandmama lied.

"Forgive me" said Gomez.

He was about to stab the kids, but Lurch snatched the sword and snapped it in half.

"Lurch! How dare you break a man's sword! How dare you defy your master!" Grandmama screeched.

"The kids are right" said Lurch. 

"They can't be! They're stealing Morticia" said Gomez.

"This is Meg" said Lurch.

"You believe me?" Meg cried.

Lurch reassuringly touched Meg's cheek. 

"Lurch, how could you" said Gomez.

"Hey, if you wanna blame the butler, go on. If you wanna kill us, go on. But why don't you read this first?" said Calvin.

"What is it?" said Gomez.

"It's Morticia's letter. Her real letter. The one she wrote. The one Granny stole! You never saw it" said Calvin.

Gomez took the letter and read it.

"What is the meaning of this?" he said.