Prologue

"How are the pups?" Jinyoung, Alpha of The Imperial Pack, ask his mate as he enters the room. 

"They're active. Yuna behaves best out of the three of them. Ryujin and Beomgyu likes to attack each other. If they're not attacking each other, Ryujin likes to take off so I'm always running after her" Chaeyoung sighs.

"It sounds like they're already a handful" he chuckles

"I thought you had an important meeting today?" Chaeyoung ask while trying to tame the three pups that keeps running around.

Jinyoung decides to help and pick up two of the pups so they can't run away.

"Of course, you would take the two easy ones" Chaeyoung complains while chasing after Ryujin.

"Let them play outside so they can use some of their energy" Jinyoung suggests but Chaeyoung is not fond of the idea.

She likes having the pups where they can be trapped by walls. Letting them play outside can lead them to run off somewhere, especially Ryujin.

"Jinyoung, you know I prefer keeping them here where I can keep an eye on them. It's hard enough inside with a smaller area, why would I take them outside where they have more places to go and hide?"

"You can't keep them locked in here forever. You won't even let them interact with other pups in the pack" Jinyoung sighs.

Chaeyoung is very protective of her pups. The three are the most important thing to her, she tried for so long to have pups but it never happened until a few months ago.

Her and Jinyoung tried for years to have pups but it seems like it was never in the cards. She was ecstatic when she found out that not only will she have a pup but she will have three pups.

She promised herself that she will always protect the three.

"When they're older and they can listen well then they can go outside" Chaeyoung says.

"Honey" Jinyoung let go of the two pups and stops his wife from chasing the third one.

"Jinyoung, you're not gonna convince me to let them go outside when they're this young."

"They're not that young. They're equivalent to human toddlers. They can run, walk and say some words. They deserve to experience the outdoors. They will train outdoors" Jinyoung hugs his mate.

"Fine but you're helping me keep an eye on them" she finally gives in.

She turns to look at her pups but when she notices one of them is missing, she panics.

"Jinyoung, where's Ryujin?" Chaeyoung continues to look around the room.

"Did you leave the door open?" She pushes him aside to go to the door.

"Ryujin!" She starts screaming.

'Ryujin is out somewhere. Find my pup!' She mindlinks to the whole pack.

"Chaeyoung, calm down. We're in the pack house, she's safe" Jinyoung catches up to her.

Chaeyoung calms down because her mate is right. What could go wrong when they're in the pack house?

'We're under attack! Everyone go to the safe house!' The warrior leader mindlinks to everyone.

"Ryujin!" Chaeyoung's eyes widen then she starts to hysterically cry already.

"Jinyoung, you have to find Ryujin!"

Jinyoung hands her the two pups, "Take them to the safe house. I'll find Ryujin, I promise."

Chaeyoung chooses not to argue because she doesn't want to take any more of his time. Jinyoung takes off without saying another word.

Chaeyoung can only hope that Ryujin is safe and Jinyoung can find her right away but right now she needs to take her other two pups into safety.

"Luna, we have to get you out of here" Seulgi, the warrior leader's wife, says to Chaeyoung.

They leave to go to the safe house with Seulgi carrying her own pup.

---

The pack warriors were able to stop the attack so Chaeyoung runs back to the pack house right away since she hasn't heard anything from her mate and he's not answering when she mindlinks him.

Chaeyoung left her two pups with Seulgi since the pack house is still not one hundred percent safe.

She gets to the pack house and she sees all the damage, making her worry about her missing pup. Their pack house is burnt to the ground.

"Jinyoung, where's Ryujin?" She ask when she finally finds the Alpha.

"Tell me you have her and that she's safe" her voice cracks when she notices that he's not looking at her.

"Jinyoung!" She screams.

"We couldn't find her" Jinyoung finally says then he starts pacing around like a maniac. "I've searched everywhere but it was hard while also trying to fight."

"You're lying!" Chaeyoung is very unhappy with what she's hearing.

"I'm sorry. I lost our pup" Jinyoung gets on his knees in front of her which is very unnatural for an Alpha to do.

"Why did you have to leave the fucking door open!?" She starts hitting him and he accepts it all.

"Could she be dead because of the attack?" Chaeyoung can barely ask from her cries.

"I don't know" Jinyoung answers while looking down.

Chaeyoung collapses to her knees. She cries her heart out then Jinyoung wraps his arms around her. She wants to push him away because she's too angry with him but she's also too weak and heartbroken to do it.

"I'm gonna find her. We're gonna go after everyone that attacked us tonight. It doesn't matter if I have to kill every single clan out there, I will find her. If she is dead then I will make sure they will suffer a long and painful death" Jinyoung promises to his mate.

Chaeyoung can only continue to cry. She wants to believe him but she doesn't know if she can.