Hope-Yeji

"Is she gonna be okay? Why hasn't she woken up yet?" I hear Beomgyu's voice but I can't see anything.

"Yes. She was just shot with a heavy doze of tranquilizer but she will be okay" I think it's one of the doctor that's speaking.

"The vampires were gonna take her but luckily the witches arrived before anything else happened. They said that once the vampires saw them, they took Ryujin and fled" Beomgyu sighs.

"So Ryujin is really against us now? She's working with the vampires?" Lia sounds disappointed.

I want to tell them what happened but I can't speak when I try and I can't move my body. I can only hear them.

"I want to get mad at Ryujin for hurting my daughter but I can't blame her. Her whole life, she's been a pawn that can't seem to escape their grasp. She had a chance but we didn't protect her. If what Lisa said is true and they only controlled her wolf part then her human must be suffering right now. Living with that guilt from the actions of her wolf" I hear my mom.

"I'm worried that the more werewolves she hurts then the other packs won't agree to protect her" Beomgyu sighs.

"The vampire we captured really doesn't know anything of their whereabouts?" My mom ask.

"No, she wants to help Ryujin as much as we do. She really cares about her" I hear him answer.

I try to open my eyes again but they feel so heavy. After a few more attempts, I finally get them open.

"Yeji, are you okay?" My mom ask right away.

"I'm fine. Ryujin is not under their control at all, only her wolf. I saw a glimpse of Ryujin. She still tried to protect me. During the fight though, the vampires lost control of her wolf" I struggle to speak.

I try to sit up and my mom help me.

"How do you know that they lost control?" Beomgyu raises one eyebrow.

"The way her wolf spoke was different. When he was under their control, he showed no emotions at all but when they lost control, I could hear the anger and pain from her wolf. He's mad at me for hurting Ryujin but he was listening to me in the end. The vampires got control back though hence my broken hand" I sigh.

"What did you do or say to make her wolf break free from the vampires?" My mom ask.

"I didn't do anything. Sarina and I were just asking them to come back to us" I say.

I close my eyes to try to remember everything that happened.

"Her wolf did say something interesting" my eyes widen once I remembered, "They're planning to use him to control the omicrons during the eclipse."

"Hold on, I'm gonna mindlink the pack to tell Lisa to come here" Beomgyu stops me from continuing what I'm trying to say.

"So that's how they're gonna try to end our kind. I was wondering how they're gonna do that with just Ryujin. I know she's powerful but I didn't think it would be enough. I thought we just had to worry about the usual thing with the omicrons during the eclipse but now it's different" Beomgyu is starting to look stressed.

"You wanted to see me?" Lisa opens the door.

"Can your kind control the omicrons?" Beomgyu ask.

"I've never heard of it" Lisa says with a frown.

"Yeji said that Ryujin's wolf said something about controlling the omicrons so the vampires are not using her for her strength and ability as an omicron descendant. They're using her as a form of communication" Beomgyu states.