Acquaintance-Ryujin

The black wolf stops running. I get off because I think that's what it wanted me to do. I back away from them, assuming they're probably gonna shift or not? I don't have any extra clothes for them.

As expected, they shift the moment I take a step back.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"And why did you help me get away back there?" I add.

"You looked like you needed help."

"Thank you. But we're you the one they were looking for that escaped? I didn't know they had another werewolf in the clan" I say.

"You're a werewolf? I must have been locked up for way too long that I didn't smell you're one."

The stranger in front of sit down, struggling to stay standing.

"Well, my wolf is hidden right now. They injected me with stuff to put my wolf to sleep" I explain.

"Wait, did you say locked up? You were locked up by the vampires?" I ask.

"You weren't?"

"No, well this time I was but I wasn't. Why would they lock you up?" I'm trying to make sense of this.

Why would a vampire lock up a werewolf? Was I locked up too and I just didn't know it? Lately, I'm starting to believe that werewolves are not as bad as they made it seem.

"I'm sorry I don't have clothes for you" I apologize.

"What's your name?"

I have another decision whether I should share my actual name or the name the vampires gave me.

"RJ" I choose the latter.

"How about you?" I ask.

"Lisa" she groans.

I kneel in front of her, "Are you hurt?"

"A little. Now tell me, how did you end up with the vampires?" Her tone is not friendly anymore.

I stand up, slightly afraid, "They raised me. They said the werewolves abandoned me so they took me in."

She bitterly chuckles, "Damn werewolves have no loyalty."

"What? Were you abandoned too?" I ask.

"More like betrayed. I was attacked and beaten until I lost consciousness then next thing I know I wake up and I'm being tortured by vampires" she scoffs.

"Who attacked you?"

"Werewolves" she answers.

I close my eyes because with this statement then it's true werewolves are bad but when I was in Yeji's pack before, they didn't seem bad at all.

"So what's your plan now that you've escaped?" I curiously ask because I don't know my plan.

"My plan is to kill the ones who betrayed me" she looks straight ahead.

"Don't you want to just move on? You're free now" I say because I remember when I wanted to destroy the werewolves but now I just want to go somewhere and live peacefully.

"They tried to kill me. How can I let them go? Don't you want to know why you were abandoned? Doesn't that bother you? Maybe your family had more pups so it's just you that they didn't choose" I think she's trying to anger me.

"Even if I do seek revenge, I can't do it alone. I'm one werewolf" I say.

"You can help me and I'll help you. We will find your family that abandoned you and make them pay" she suggest.