Taken?-Yeji

"Where's RJ?" I ask when I see that she's not in her room.

"She's not in there?" The doctor points at the room.

"Would I be asking if she's in there?" I sarcastically say.

He jumps up from his chair to go in the room to check.

"Did you think I was lying? Why would I lie about my mate missing?" I'm getting irritated.

"She was just here. I don't know where she went" he says.

"You don't say?" I roll my eyes.

'Did she leave us?' Sarina sadly ask.

'No, I'm sure she has a good reason. Don't be sad yet. We don't know what happened' I try to cheer her up.

'Everyone, look for my mate!' I order my warriors.

I leave the hospital and once I'm outside, something doesn't feel right.

"Yeji, do you smell a vampire?" Beomgyu is standing outside the hospital.

My eyes widen, "My mate."

"You found your mate?" He ask.

"Yes, Alpha but I don't have time to explain right now. I'm pretty sure the vampire that's here is after my mate" I quickly explain then I shift to my wolf right away.

We run to the woods, following the scent of the vampire.

'What if we're too late?' Sarina is already whimpering.

'She's gonna be okay. We won't let anything happen to her' I say.

'Just run faster' I add

'I see them' Sarina speeds up.

I see the vampire on top of RJ. Sarina quickly tackles him and start biting off his arms. After that, she quickly bite his legs off. His screams got louder as each limbs are ripped off his body. For the final blow, Sarina bites his head off and the screaming stops.

We take a good look at him first before turning our attention to RJ. She looks scared. It's probably too much for a human to process what just happened. She must be scared of me.

'Will she reject us after witnessing me kill a vampire?' Sarina is really scared that our mate might not accept us. To be honest, I am too.

'We just have to try our best and show her that we won't harm her' I say.

We approach her and she covers her face like she's protecting it. Seeing that made Sarina whimper some more. That's the magic of mates. Even though we just met, that connection is already with us as werewolves. Humans don't feel that same connection. That's why if she rejects us then Sarina and I will live the rest of our lives with a broken heart.

Sarina brings her face close to RJ. We start nuzzling her in hopes that she will feel that she's safe with us and that we will never hurt her.

Sarina and I feel content when we hear her giggle. It's enough to make the fear of rejection put aside for now.

Sarina decides to lay her head on RJ's lap and to our surprise, she starts petting us.

"I have to go" she suddenly tells us so Sarina starts whimpering again.