Threat-Yeji

I knock on Beomgyu's office door.

"Come in" I hear him say.

I get in his office.

"What is this I hear that my mate is not allowed to be in our territory?" I ask as calmly as possible. I want to give him a chance to explain himself.

"My dad thought that it was best to not let her. She's associated with the vampires. For all we know, she could be a spy."

"A spy? You really think that the vampires sent a human to us so they can spy on us?" I try to make sense of what he's saying.

"It seems too planned. You know? You go to look for Yuna's mate then all of a sudden you find a human being attacked by a vampire at the same time? It looks like a set up."

"You're joking, right? What happened to we will try to do everything to make sure our mates join this pack? Your dad is not the Alpha anymore. You are! You should have decided this on your own!" I raise my voice.

"Yeji, calm down" he's unbothered by my temper.

"No, I want to know a good reason. You saw that she was not a threat to us. So tell me why your dad decided that she's gonna be a spy all of a sudden. I wanna know why he was okay with her coming back with us after we found her then now he's saying she's not allowed to be in our territory? Don't you find that weird? He was happy that I found my mate" I say to him.

"Maybe because he didn't know she was working with the vampires. Yeji, the vampire prince came all the way here to pick her up. If she wasn't important to them then he could have literally sent anyone to get her."

"If she is important, don't you want to know why? You know how we don't get involved with humans asking for help unless we know for sure that we won't expose ourselves. Your sister ran after her after hearing her ask for help. She didn't check to see if vampires were involved. She didn't even make sure if she was human or not but she ran after her right away in her wolf form."

"She did? She knows better than to just shift to her wolf without making sure it's safe" he furrows his brows.

He pauses, probably to mindlink his sister to come. I don't care that Yuna is involved now. I'm not gonna give up my mate without a fight. I know she technically chose to go but until I hear her say that she rejects me then I'm gonna keep going after her.

We stare at each other until Yuna arrives. I know I'm not really treating him like an Alpha right now and I know I'm grateful he's not using his power to talk down on me. He's a pretty good Alpha and I know this wasn't his decision. It's his dad.

"What's up my brother?" Yuna finally arrives.

I turn to look at her and smile.

"Why did you save the human?" Beomgyu goes straight to the point.

"What?" Yuna looks confuse.

"Yeji said that you shifted to your wolf to save her mate without checking first to make sure that you wouldn't expose yourself to humans. You got lucky that her mate was being attacked by a vampire. What if she was being attacked by another human then they would have seen you" Beomgyu states.

"I don't know. When I heard her cry for help, I didn't even get a chance to think. I just had the need to help her. Then she looked at me and I felt like I knew her from somewhere" Yuna shares.

"But when I arrived, the vampire backed off after seeing me. He said he wasn't there to fight and that he just needed to take her" she says and I didn't know that happened.

"Then why did you intervene?" Beomgyu ask.

"Because she looked scared. She looked like she needed my help."