Chapter 16 ~ A Little Talk

We sit here in silence for a couple of minutes before Harry finally speaks up again.

"So... Tell me more about yourself." he asks.

"Uhm okay.. Well.. My mum, dad and I were always pretty happy as a family until my mum was diagnosed with cancer when I was around the age of 14. The day after we heard the bad news, my father was gone, nowhere to be found. He left us when we needed him the most. So my mum had to take care of me and try to survive at the same time. She was in the hospital a lot and I had to stay at Olivia's place because I had nowhere else to go. Their home became my second home and I really had to get used to living in my own home as soon as my mum got out of the hospital."

I pause and take a deep breath. It still isn't easy to talk about. When I'm about to continue, Harry interrupts me.

"Who taught you to dance?"

"I always went to the studio in my free time. I used to go to the hospital to visit my mum after school, and I always stayed for an hour or so. When I got "home" I would put my books and stuff in my room and change in my sports legging and a wide top. I'd put my dancing shoes in a bag and go to the studio to meet up with Theo, who would teach me a new piece of choreography or we would practice and clean the dance we already made. I started in a team full of really nice girls, but Theo offered me to come more often and practice alone too because he said I was so talented, the other kids couldn't keep up with me. I'm still in a team. I dance the competitions with them because there aren't a lot solo contests."

"You really are talented. I know I have only seen you dancing once, but I saw how focused you were on performing the dance just like you had in mind. I can even see it right now. You talk about it with sparks in your eyes and a huge smile on your face."

I blush, probably for the tenth time since we are here. I don't know how he does it, but it's something about him that makes me feel weird inside.

"Tell me about you." I challenge him.

I know he's not very open and certainly not to people he just met and are a fan of him because they can tell everything to the whole world and I can understand you don't want the whole world to know about your private live.

"Well... There isn't anything special about me. You probably already know a lot, maybe even more than I do." He laughs, but I notice that he's getting a little bit uncomfortable and his tone was a little bit harsh. I guess I won't be getting to know him better tonight.

"Let's get you home." He says and stands up from his chair to pay for the food and drinks we had. I get up too but don't follow him, I just get my jacket and bag and wait for Harry to come back. When he comes back we walk to his car and he takes me home.

As soon as he parks the car in front of my house, he stops the engine and sits back, sighing.

"So.... That was fun." He finally says after a long awkward silence. I nod and look at him. He's staring through the window, not seeming to notice that I'm looking at him. I try to find the thing he's looking at, but it's hard to find anything besides the street lantern in the darkness.

Harry's P.O.V.

I stare at the garbage bag underneath the street lantern. It's not very interesting, but I'm not focusing on it, I'm focusing on this very moment. Here, in my car, with Fay. I notice she looks at me, and I wonder what she's thinking about. She looks back, and starts staring in the same direction as I do, probably trying to find out what I'm staring at.

I like this moment, I just don't know what to say right now. I stare at her, hoping she doesn't notice. She looks so beautiful. The light which is coming from the street lantern makes her eyes shine, and she has her hair in a messy bun. Even in her dancing clothes she's still very pretty.

More minutes of silence fly by before I finally know what to say: "We should do that another time." Lame. I know.

"Yeah, that's okay," She smiles, "Sounds like fun."

"I uhm... I'll call you. Or something." Why do I have to be so damn shy!

I've always hated that part of me. I don't know how but during interviews and shows, I'm never shy at all. But whenever I'm alone with a person I don't know very well or someone that I like, I always get nervous and don't know what to say. Just like tonight.

I asked her about her life, so I didn't have to do all the talking. It was totally fine until she asked me about my life. I shut down completely and didn't know what to say. I even replied a bit harsh, I hope she didn't notice and if she did, I hope she still wants to hang out with me and doesn't think I'm a big jerk right now.

"I have a dancing contest next Saturday, do you want to come and watch?" She asks. I nod and she tells me she'll text me about when and where.

I get out of the car and rush to the other side to open the door for her. "Thank you." She smiles. "I had a great time, thanks for the surprise. I'll see you next Saturday." she says and leans in to hug me and give me a little peck on my cheek. "Bye!" she walks away and waves at me. I wave back, a little surprised by her gesture from just seconds ago.

I wait until I'm sure she is inside and then I get back in my car, ready to drive home.