Chapter 22 ~ Betrayal At It's Finest

Harry's P.O.V.

I'm so relieved that she forgave me. Last week showed me how much she actually means to me because I really missed her around. "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" is was they always say, and I guess now I really know what that means.

After she read the letter and hugged me she walks back to her side of the table and eagerly asks what's in the basket. "I have no idea, Liam set this all up." I admit. She laughs, "I know that so you don't have to be embarrassed. I really hope there's food in that basket though,  I'm starving!" We both laugh and I get the basket and open it just a little bit, trying to see what's inside.

"Give it to me!" she yells playfully and grabs the basket. She opens it and when she sees what's inside her eyes start to shine and a big, beautiful smile appears on her lips. "Did you tell Liam I love this? Because I never told him," she asks me. I slightly nod and gets up again. She runs over to my side again and hugs me from behind while I'm still sitting.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" she says. "I love pizza!" She sits down at her side of the table, again, and get's the pizza boxes out of the basket. She opens one of them and hands it over to me. I look at the pizza in the box and it has my favorite toppings on it: olives and pepperoni.

She opens the second box and her eyes start to shine again. "You even told him what my favorite pizza is!" I laugh and I take the first bite of my pizza. She does too with her eyes closed, and you can see how she is enjoying that first bite of her pizza. It's kind of funny to see, I have never seen a girl so happy with a pizza.

After we both finish our pizza's (yes, she finished earlier than I did), she get's up, walks to the lake and sits down at the bank. It's dark, but the moon is shining bright so it's a really romantic view. At first I stay seated at the table, but after a few minutes I decide to get up and sit down next to her.

"Fay, there's-" I start but she cuts me off. "Shh, let's just enjoy this moment, and the view." She says with her eyes focused on the moon.

We sit like this for a while, and it really is peaceful. She once told me she absolutely loves the moon and that she always looks for it at night. She told me it brings her peace, even if it's only those few minutes she looks at it.

I get distracted after a few minutes and the only thing I can look at is Fay. Her eyes shine in the moonlight and she looks so happy. It really amazes me how she can get so happy just from the smallest things, whether it's because she got her favorite pizza or she's looking at the moon. It's hard to find that kind of people these days. People who appreciate the smaller things in life and don't live for the big things.

"Fay, I really need to talk to you about something." I say after another 10 minutes of looking at the moon and at her.

"What? Tell me." she says, her eyes still focused on the big white ball in the middle of the night sky. I sigh deep and prepare myself. I don't want to tell her, but I need to or else I will never have a chance with her.

"Harry, tell me." she says with a little warning tone.

"Okay, but please promise me you'll listen. Please." I beg her because if she walks away after the first sentence, I can forget ever seeing her again.

"I'm sorry but I can't promise anything right now. You're scaring me Harry."

"I understand. And don't be scared. I just have to confess something, no more secrets." I look down, and start telling.

"Fay, I'm really sorry, but I really need to tell you that I have kissed Olivia." Her head shoots up, eyes wide open.

"You what?!" she says with gritted teeth.

"Please listen," I beg. "I know it's the most stupid thing I could do, and I'm really sorry."

"When?" she whispers, looking at the water. "Last week. I missed you so much but I didn't know what to do and so I went to Olivia's place because she knows you like no one else does and I have no idea why but it happened. I am so so sorry and really regret it because now I'm probably really going to lose you and you probably never want to talk to me again and hate me.  And that's okay because it's my own fault you know." I ramble on, looking at the water as well.

The thing I didn't notice is that I'm alone. She walked away. I look behind me and see her running into the woods. I get up as soon as I can and try to follow her. I listen really close, trying to hear where she is. I hear something and immediately head in that direction. I run for a few minutes but don't find anything so I start heading in another direction, the one I think is towards the spot Liam is waiting with his car.

I'm in luck this time and find Liam sitting in the car. I open the door and get in as soon as I can.

"Harry! Where is Fay! Tell me you made it right between you two." I stay silent. "Harry! Where is she!"

"She ran away. I told her the truth, Liam. I kissed Olivia last week. Her best friend. And then she ran away. And no, I have no idea where she is."

"YOU WHAT?!" he yells.

"I'm really sorry I should have chased her, I know.." I sigh.

"I DON'T MEAN THAT YOU IDIOT! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU FUCKING KISS HER BEST FRIEND?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU DUDE?!" He yells. And it's only now that it hits me how stupid I have been.

Fuck.

Olivia's P.O.V.

It's 11 PM and I'm just watching some TV in the living room when I hear the doorbell. I get up and walk over to the door to open it. It's probably Fay who wants to talk about her date with Harry.

I open the door and indeed, it's Fay who's standing there. The thing that surprises me is that she's looking really angry and before I know it I feel her hand on my cheek.

"YOU BITCH!" is the only thing she says before she turns around and walks away. I close the door and when I lay my hand on my cheek I feel a tear.

He told her. No doubt about that. I deserve this. I am a bitch.

How could I do this?! To her, my best friend.

Liam's P.O.V.

After I dropped Harry I find a parking spot as soon as I can and get my phone. I search for Fay's contact and press the "call" icon immediately.

The phone rings a few times before I hear that annoying woman from voicemail. I try again and again, but she doesn't answer her phone.

She probably wants some time to process all the things that happened tonight, so I'll leave her alone. For now.

I just really hope she knows I don't have anything to do with this.

And I hope she'll be fine.

Olivia's P.O.V.

Fuck.

Harry's P.O.V.

Fuck.

~~~~~~~~~~
Hii :)
I was so excited to continue writing that I wrote another chapter for you guys :) I have a lot of inspiration so I'll probably update more often because, as I said, I'm so excited!!

Dedication for this chapter goes to AmandaNH90 , she's an amazing author and an even better best friend, and she just finished her story called New Start! So please check it out because she really deserves it!!! (If you follow me you may have already seen a post like this on my wall ;) )

Love you guys! XO