Chapter 27 ~ A Nice Surprise

I have no idea where I am right now. All I know is that it's dark and cold and that I'm alone. More alone than ever before.

I probably look like some drunk girl, who just got kicked out of a restaurant because she drank too much, but I'm not. I stormed out of a restaurant because the man I came with declared his love for me at the worst timing possible.

I really am curious about how Olivia and the boys are doing. I hope they're not too worried about me.

I'm really starting to regret my decision to storm out of the restaurant, away from Eric. I now have nowhere to sleep, I'm walking around in a dress and high heels and I have nowhere and no one to go to.

That's until I spot a familiar car. It's Demi's. What is she doing here? Does she know about everything? I haven't told her but maybe Olivia did. I walk towards the silver car and see there's no one inside. Maybe it's not hers after all. But then I see it's parked in front of a grand cafe. I look through the windows of the building, tying to find her. And there she is.

I don't know whether to go inside and go to her or just walk away. I decide to go inside, probably a stupid decision, but I need someone right now.

As soon as I walk in I feel the warmth I needed right now. The place is pretty full and has a much more relaxing atmosphere than the restaurant Eric took me. Some people are just having dinner and other ones are sitting at the bar with a beer in their hands. I walk into the direction where I just saw Demi sitting, but as soon as I arrive at the table she's not there.

"Are you looking for someone?" I hear a soft voice saying behind me. I turn around to see her smiling, arms wide open, ready to close them around my body and hug me. And so she does. And it's until then when I realize how badly I needed this: a hug from someone I really love and I know she feels the same about me.

I know I can trust her, right?

Wow, fuck. I am now even doubting if I can trust the people who are really close to me. 

Why did Olivia feel the need to betray me like this?! I'm pissed at Harry too, but I'm more angry at her. She has been my best friend for like forever now, she knows how I feel- felt about Harry and she just decides to kiss him.

I hope Demi doesn't know anything, but on the other side, I do. So I won't have to tell everything again. It will only make me sadder and angrier. Besides, if she doesn't know a thing, why the hell is she here? I mean, I don't think she'd come here to just have dinner, that's a two -hour drive for food. 

"Babe, are you even listening?" I hear her asking. I realize I zoned out for a second. "No, sorry. What were you saying?"

"I wanted to tell you that I'm here for you. Let's sit down, have a drink so we can talk." She says, walking around me to sit down at the table. I sit down as well and we both order a drink.

"Olivia told me everything. Well, her side of the story. I came her as soon as I could. I'm really sorry this has to happen to you, I know how much you like, or liked, Harry." She says, putting her hand over mine. 

"Thanks babe, I appreciate that. But if she told you, why aren't you there, helping Olivia and the boys look for me?" I ask, because it doesn't make sense. 

"Well, I was heading there, but I got so hungry after the trip I decided to get some food and go to them after that to help them search, but now I found you!" She says happy with her arms in the air and a big smile on her face. "Are you going to tell them you found me?" I ask again. "Do you want me to?" I shake my head. 

That's the last thing I want right now. I will have to face them and talk to them, and I don't think I'm able to do that without getting really angry.