Chapter 19 ~ Why Can't He Just Tell Me?!

We're a week further now and Harry actually left during the ceremony. I'm still really upset about it and angry at him.
I told him how much dancing means to me, and I thought he knew that too, but apparently he didn't. When we came back from the stage last week we went to our dressing room to get our stuff as soon as possible and get out of the theatre. I got my stuff even faster so I could go to Harry's room and go home together. But as soon as I walked into that room, I found it was empty. Harry had left. Without me, or without even telling me. I tried to call him but he didn't pick up.

The only thing I could hope for was that Theo and the rest hadn't left yet, because otherwise I didn't know how to get home. Luckily they were still here, and I squeezed myself between Kim and Noelle on the backseat of Theo's car. It was everything but comfortable but I didn't have a choice.

This week has been a tough one. Everybody is congratulating me with winning the price, even though it was just a very small contest. And I have to smile and say polite thank you's while all I want to do is cry because of Harry. I don't even know why it's affecting me so much. Harry and I aren't even dating, we're just friends. I just don't know why he acted so rude before we arrived at the theatre and why he left without saying anything or even a text. And that's what upsets me because I don't know if it's my fault or not. Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong?

He has tried to call me a few times but I didn't pick up because I actually don't want to talk to him right now. Or do I? I don't even know what I want and what I don't want. What is happening to me?!
I decide to go to the studio again and try to finish my choreo for Dance With Me Tonight. I want to show it to Theo and hear what he thinks of it.

~~~

After 2 hours of dancing, thinking and trying to finish the choreo I hear my phone ringing in the corner of the room. I walk towards it an see an unknown number on the screen. I decide to pick up anyway, what if something is wrong with mum?
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Fay?"
"Yeah, who are you?" His voice sounds kind of familliar but I can't put my finger on it.
"It's Liam, please don't hang up!" He quickly says.
"Hi Liam! What's up?"
"It's about Harry..." Oh no.. I actually want to end the call right now because I just forgot about all the drama for a second, but I wonder what Harry told Liam so I decide to keep listening.
"What did he tell you?" I ask, slightly annoyed.
"Well.... He hasn't told me exactly what's up except that it has to do with you. He has been acting off all week and I decided to ask why. He refused to tell me what happened, but I know something happened between the two of you. I actually hoped you could tell me..."
I sigh and start explaining: "Well.. I invited him to come with me to my dancing contest last week, but when he picked me up he was acting pretty rude. He didn't listen to me and was only staring out the window. When we arrived at the theatre I arranged a special room for him so he wouldn't get mobbed by fans or something like that. I asked him if he was going to watch the show in the theatre itself or on the TV screen which was in his room, and he told me he was going to watch it on the TV. I had to go to my dressingroom to get ready for the show and as soon as we walked on stage he was actually sitting front row, watching me dance. He probably left right after that and I haven't seen or talked to him ever since. He wasn't there when we won our price so I assume he left right after we finished our dance. I tried to call him but he didn't answer the phone. He tried to call me back a few times this week but I don't really want to talk to him right now..."
"Oh.." Is all I hear Liam say. "I can try to talk to him and ask what's wrong if you want?"
I tell him that's okay and we end the call after he promises to call me back as soon as he knows more.

I try to continue my dancing session, but I can't concentrate anymore because the only thing that's going through my head right now is Harry.

~~~

When I get out of the shower I see a text from mum: "Hi sweetheart, I'll be back a little bit later than normal but I am home before dinner. You can decide what we're going to eat tonight :) X"

I decide to go to the store and buy the ingredients for Spaghetti Bolognese, and start cooking as soon as I get home. I hear the frontdoor opening and hear my mum talking on the phone with someone, "I really think she would like that! But I have to go, I just got home and I have to make dinner for me and my daughter.." I smile. She's probably talking to one of her friends or something.
"Awh baby you really didn't have to do this!" she says as soon as she get's in and sees the set table. I bought her a little bouquet too, just to make the room a little bit more colorful. I put the plates filled with the meal on the table and we both sit down.
"How has your day been?" I ask her.
"Great!!! I went to Sophia, she told me she needed to see me as soon as possible this morning, so I went right after breakfast. You'll never guess what she told me." I didn't even have time to guess because she continued her story within 2 seconds, "She's getting married!!!!!" She exlaims with a bright smile on her face.

Sophia is mums best friend ever since high school or something. They have always been really close and the became even closer when mum got sick.
"I'm really happy for her." I tell her.
Mum asks me how my day has been and I tell her I went to the studio, but I don't tell her about the call from Liam. I haven't even told her about the things that happened between me and him. She only knows we're friends and that he went to see me perform last week, she doesn't even know he left.

After dinner I tell mum to relax and I clean the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher.
"I'm going to my room!" I tell her and walk upstairs. Right after I close my door, my phone starts ringing and I see it's Liam.
"Hi Liam!"
"Hey Fay."
"Have you talked to Harry yet?"
"Yeah I have... He still refuses to tell me his side of the story though. But now at least he knows how you're feeling about all of this.."
"Oh... Well thank you anyway Liam, you did what you could, so thanks for that." I sigh.
Why can't Harry just tell his best friend what's wrong? Probably because he knew Liam was going to tell me.
Oh well, we'll see what happens. But I know that if he's not planning on telling me anytime soon, he won't have to try anything to make it better...

I just really hope he is going to tell me...