𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 4

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

Jeonghan was sure who he was going to mention during the ceremony. There was only Mingyu in his head. Who else would he pick? Even when they stood in their position, Jeonghan kept playing with the ring on his finger, a smile decorating his face.

He couldn't wait to go on a date with Mingyu. All he could think about was Mingyu's hands. Would his tiny ring fit? His thoughts were distracted by someone walking up to him and standing in the spot next to him.

"Seems like you have someone on your mind" Joshua said, not making any attempt to look in Jeonghan's direction. "I do, and it's no mystery who you have on your mind" Jeonghan replied with a bite in his voice. "I thought I was subtle" Jeonghan rolled his eyes as he waited for the ceremony to start.

Jeonghan couldn't help the slight blush on his cheeks as Mingyu came and stood next to him, flashing a smile in his direction. "Are you excited?" Mingyu asked Minghao, who took his place beside Mingyu on the other side. "Seriously? Gyu, I really don't know who I'm going to pick. Can't I pick you?"  Minghao asked, trying to hide the longing behind a laugh.

"No can do Xu. I'll take your ring off the moment he asks me" Mingyu said as a joke, not noticing how Minghao shrunk into himself. "Who's he?" It came out quietly, but Mingyu heard it. "You'll see if he picks me or, I guess, when I pick him" Minghao hummed in response as he let his mind go over the possible people he could give the ring to, maybe Jun. He didn't want to do this.

"Oh my god Jun, I'll drown you in the Jeju water. Stop bothering me for 10 seconds. That's all I ask" Wonwoo was holding onto his patience as Jun kept commenting on Wonwoo's chances of not getting someone.

"You can't say the same back. I have someone who likes me" Jun leaned back behind Wonwoo to look at Joshua, who was busy talking to Jihoon. "He's beautiful, isn't he?" Wonwoo didn't think he could hate Jun as much as he did at that moment. "Well done, Jun" Jun gave up after seeing no reaction from Wonwoo.

But Wonwoo did react. His heart kept racing with the hurt he felt from what Jun had just said. 'I've never heard you call me beautiful' Wonwoo's head kept saying back to him. Wonwoo managed to keep the thoughts to himself because no way was he going to give Jun that satisfaction.

"Hello everyone, I'm glad to see you all gathered here" It seemed to everyone like Seungkwan was almost saying the words automatically. It would make sense. He's been doing this for years. "Before we start the ceremony, I'll mention the rules again" Seungkwan's eyes kept going to Seokmin before he brought himself back to reality.

"You can refuse your ring or exchange it, but you can't wear two. It's in no particular order, I'll call out the names of the contestants, and you're free to step forward and name who you like. Then, if they accept, you may go over and put the ring on their finger" Seungkwan finished off with a reassuring thumbs up.

It was dead silent for a few seconds until Seungkwan spoke. The experience was taunting for some more than others. "Jihoon" Seungkwan said and waited for Jihoon to step forward. Jihoon didn't hesitate to say Seungcheol's name.

"Yes, I would like that" Seungcheol put his hand out in front of him as he watched Jihoon walk over and put the ring on his finger. "Don't try to be funny and say someone else's name, Hyung" Jihoon warned playfully before going back to stand next to Joshua. Seungcheol's eyes fixed on the ring in his hand. He would pick Jihoon too. He was never one to be funny.

"That was adorable!" Seungkwan exclaimed, his hand going to press against his heart. "Vernon" Seungkwan called out, finally deciding on one of his names. Vernon stepped forward, looking at everyone. "Chan" Chan's eyes widened hearing his name. Not for a second had he expected Vernon out of everyone to say his name.

"I- yeah, yeah! I'd love to" Chan was conflicted. Does he still give his ring to Wonwoo? He was ready to say Wonwoo's name when Seungkwan called him, but he wasn't sure anymore. Chan watched as Vernon walked over before taking his hands carefully into his. "I didn't have to think a lot" Vernon's touch lingered on Chan's hand for a second longer after placing the ring on his finger.

Chan watched as Vernon went back with a shy smile on his face, eyes avoiding to keep looking at him. "Everything is going so well" Seungkwan was busy talking to the staff to notice Soonyoung getting a call and walking off.

Seungkwan was about to continue when Mingyu called out his name. "Soonyoung Hyung left" Seungkwan knew this guy was going to get on his nerves. He wasn't going to wait another 20 minutes.

"Can someone go get him?" Seungkwan asked, sitting down on a nearby chair before resting his head on his hand. "I'll do it" Seokmin spoke up before walking in the direction Soonyoung went. "Why won't you stop calling me? No, I don't want anything to do with you" Soonyoung snapped at the someone on call with him.

"Soonyoung Hyung?" Seokmin called out, easily catching Soonyoung's attention. "Hang up, I'm busy" Soonyoung hung up before waiting for a response. "They're waiting for you" Seokmin spoke sweetly, with no accusatory tone, no annoyance, just sweetly.

"I'll come. It was just someone" Seokmin didn't ask more. He knew if it was something Soonyoung wanted to say, then he would. "Do you know who you're going to pick yet?" Seokmin asked, and even with his earlier doubt, Soonyoung knew now.

"I do" Soonyoung admired Seokmin's side profile as they walked back together. "Please don't walk off like that again, we can't stop filming for you" Seungkwan tried not to get mad, but it was really hard for him to be even-tempered right now.

Seokmin took it a step further as he walked Soonyoung to his position before walking to his own. "Fighting Hyung!" Seokmin's smile was almost addicting. "You're going to say his name, right?" Vernon asked from beside Soonyoung, finding himself smiling at Seokmin too. It was hard not to reciprocate a smile like that.

"I most probably will" before Soonyoung could keep talking, Seungkwan cut him off. "People, back to filming" Seungkwan looked like he was pondering who to call next before he decided. "Mingyu" and just like that, two men held their breaths, one hoping to hear his name and one sure that he wouldn't.

❥ ─────  🎥 ───── ★