𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 8

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

"I want to get the date card for us" Jihoon looked up at Seungcheol when he brought up the topic at the breakfast table. "I would say yes if you ask me" Jihoon took a bite of his pancake as he kept his attention on Seungcheol sipping his coffee.

"I have to ask you again? I thought it was understood" Seokmin pulled out a chair next to Jihoon, determined to lecture Seungcheol about the show. "That's not how the show works. You have to ask again. What if Jihoon Hyung says no?" Seokmin looked straight at Jihoon, who ignored him for another bite.

"I won't say no" Seokmin looked around before spotting Chan and Vernon talking by the patio. "What would you do if you got the date card? The choice date cards usually come later but still tell me" Chan wanted to answer, but Vernon beat him to it. "I'd take Chan out, wherever he wanted" Seokmin winked at Vernon noticing Chan hiding his blush by looking at his feet.

"You don't have much of a decision where you go, but that was a cute answer" Seokmin moved on to his next victim, timider than earlier since this was personal. "Minghao, who do you want to take if you get a choice date card?" Seokmin held up an imaginary mic as Minghao laid out his yoga mat in the garden.

"Who do I want to take? Are you trying to be cute?" Minghao's playful tone calmed Seokmin down, giving him the confidence to pry further for an answer. "You. Who else, doctor strange?" Minghao chuckled as Seokmin quickly pressed a kiss to his cheek before walking away innocently.

"Did you just kiss him?" Jeonghan appeared from inside and held Seokmin by his arm, only to pull him right back to where he was in front of Minghao. Instead of answering Jeonghan, Seokmin proceeded to ask him the same question he kept repeating.

"If you got the choice date card, who would you take?" Jeonghan would've had an answer for this yesterday, but right now, he had no one in mind specifically. "I don't know Seok, maybe I'll ask Soonyoung, or maybe I'll take Minghao" Seokmin's face fell as Jeonghan, and Minghao laughed together at his expression.

"Are you trying to steal my job?" Everyone's head turned at the sound of Seungkwan, all the talk of the date card, and it was right in Seungkwan's hand. "I need everyone in the living room, please" Seungkwan directed it at Seokmin, who nodded before going to call the others.

"What's going on?" Wonwoo walked down the stairs, half sleepy and half hungover, with Joshua not too far behind him. Wonwoo looked like he had just gotten out of bed. On the other hand, Joshua looked like he was ready for an office meeting.

"Is that everyone?" Seungkwan asked as he saw Mingyu and Jun walking in behind Soonyoung. "Let me explain this. The choice cards usually aren't given until the 3rd date, that first dates are always pre-decided, you can't just miss out on the opportunity of interacting with everyone if you have favourites" Seokmin was familiar with the rules, but he still listened in interest.

"The directors and I have picked this couple to go on a date. We think this would be a great opportunity for them to rekindle their connection" Wonwoo looked at Jun the moment the word 'rekindle' was mentioned. He didn't want to go with Jun. That's too awkward. Even Jun seemed uncomfortable as he sat down next to Mingyu.

"I'll read the names now" Jeonghan went to hold Wonwoo's hand, noticing the expression on his face. "It'll be okay. Just act like you're better than you are" Jeonghan could tell there were leftover feelings that still weren't addressed when it came to Wonwoo and Jun but mainly him more than Jun. "Thanks, Hyung" Wonwoo shut his eyes as Seungkwan started reading. Even at the J, he knew it was coming.

"Jeonghan and Joshua" Jeonghan was the one to tighten his hand in Wonwoo's. "What did you just say?" Jeonghan followed the voice to Joshua, who he just knew was about to start a scene. "You and Jeonghan are going to go on a date today, so be ready" Seungkwan was about to go, but Jeonghan called out to him.

"Seungkwan-ah, there's nothing to rekindle" Seungkwan looked between the two before shaking his head in disagreement. "There's too much resentment here to not be enemies to lovers and the fans love this shit" Seungkwan was looking more at Jeonghan than Joshua. He could watch everything on the cameras, after all.

He noticed how easily Jeonghan was comforted by Joshua. He wanted to see Jeonghan with him. He had every right to play Cupid since it was his show. It was his rules. When the directors mentioned the couple, Seungkwan was more than happy to cling to the idea.

"Jisoo, let's just get it over with" Jeonghan took his hand from Wonwoo's before holding both of them together in his lap. Joshua's eyes fell on Jeonghan, he looked like he was tired, and Joshua didn't feel like tiring him out further.

"Fine" Jeonghan kept looking at Joshua as he walked up the stairs to get ready. "Hyung, just act like you're better than you are" Wonwoo repeated the advice that Jeonghan gave him earlier.

"Do you like cats, Hyung?" Jeonghan didn't know where Wonwoo was going with this, but he nodded. "There are a few stray kitties outside if you want to see them. I saw them when I came in. Jun and I stayed with them for a long time. That's why I was late the day we came. Cats were something we always bonded on" Wonwoo explained as he walked outside the villa with Jeonghan while holding a cereal bowl.

"Aren't they cute?" Jeonghan fell to his knees with Wonwoo as they watched the kittens playing around on the pavement. "I bought them some milk" Wonwoo placed the milk in front of them, smiling in contentment as they went to drink from it.

"Wonwoo, how long has it been since you and Jun broke up?" The smile on Wonwoo's face broke as he placed his head on his knees, his attention still on the kittens. "It's been four years, longer than we dated. We became this weird border between friends and enemies. He dated again. I didn't" Jeonghan listened as Wonwoo spoke in a quiet voice.

"I don't get to complain. I was the one who broke up with him" Wonwoo pet one of the kittens that had made its way under his hand. "Just because you broke up with him doesn't mean you stopped loving him" Wonwoo stayed silent because it was true. It didn't stop him from loving Jun. Not even a single bit.

❥ ───── 🎥 ───── ★