𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 21

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

"So, do we continue?" Jeonghan asked, shifting between his feet awkwardly. "Mingyu, you need to ask someone else" Seungkwan was half distracted with his hosting after Jun ran off behind Wonwoo. The ceremony was interrupted twice. He wasn't a fan of the second time since he was never keen on not being in control.

"Me? Again?" Mingyu could feel Minghao glaring at him still. "Just ask" Seungkwan was beyond annoyed knowing it was live and he couldn't edit any of this footage. Soonyoung and Doyoung disappeared, wanting to talk about things, and god knew where Wonwoo and Jun were.

"What do I?" Mingyu turned towards Minghao, immediately regretting it as he wasn't wrong about the glare at all. Even worse, Seokmin was right next to him. Does he have to be attached to Minghao? Mingyu already fucked up, so he thought he might as well.

"Hao, would you wear my ring?" Mingyu asked, knowing Minghao wouldn't refuse him. How could he? It was always them. A boy wouldn't change things. "No" Minghao's answer was so firm and unfaltering that Mingyu was hurt. Minghao practised that word repeatedly in his head, so many times, and it finally paid off. Minghao managed to say 'no' to Mingyu.

"Remember what you told me, the moment the guy you like asks you, you'll take my ring off" Minghao quoted Mingyu from their first ring ceremony. "The guy I like asked me. I pick him" Minghao refused to look at Mingyu as he stepped back into Seokmin's arms, enveloping him in a hug.

Mingyu wanted to ask Seokmin who he was to hug his best friend like that. At that moment, he felt pure anger towards one person particularly. "Joshua Hyung, give me your hand" Joshua blinked in confusion as Mingyu took his hand before putting the ring on, not even asking for permission.

"This is your fault" Mingyu grabbed Joshua's ring from his hand before putting it on himself and standing beside him. Avoiding eye contact with literally everyone as he fidgeted with Joshua's ring. "I guess I pick Mingyu?" Joshua said with uncertainty as he shrugged, sparing looks towards Jeonghan.

"What the fuck is going on?" Seungkwan sighed before asking Vernon to exchange his ring, and for the first time in a while, Seungkwan was calm because he knew it would be Chan. Same as with Jihoon, who gave Seungkwan a sympathetic look as he went towards Seungcheol, staying beside him even after slipping the ring on his finger.

It was when Minghao gave Seokmin his ring that the problem was clear. Jeonghan was there, ring in his hand and finger missing one. "I'm going to get champagne" Jeonghan looked tired as he walked past the cameraman towards the indoor bar.

"I have to fucking find a new addition" Seungkwan groaned as soon as the cameras turned off. "I hate you" Mingyu immediately pulled Joshua to the side, whose only concern was where Jeonghan stormed off. "I need to go see Jeonghan" Joshua tried to get out of Mingyu's grip, only worried about Jeonghan at that moment.

"You're the reason I lost Wonwoo Hyung and Minghao all at once. At least leave Jeonghan Hyung alone, seems like you've ruined his life at one point too" Mingyu left Joshua standing there, having said what he needed to say as he walked as fast as his feet would take him.

He just wanted to sleep. He was done. Coming on the show was probably the worst idea he could've come up with. All he hoped was he didn't just ruin everything with Minghao. Minghao was all he had. He didn't know what he would do if the person he loved and felt most comfortable around in the whole world hated him.

"What the fuck was that about!?" Mingyu hadn't managed to walk even close to his bed before Minghao slammed the door open. "Don't you have somewhere to be? Where's your doctor boyfriend?" Mingyu's mouth didn't think twice as it spoke back.

"You are a fucking asshole! Why would you do that to Wonwoo Hyung!? Why would you do that to Seok and me? Ugh gyu-" Minghao grabbed the pillow from his bed before going over to Mingyu and hitting him as hard as he could with it.

Mingyu was taken aback by the sudden blow as he laughed out of literal disbelief. "Did you just hit me!?" Minghao didn't even respond instead hit Mingyu again repeatedly. Mingyu went to stop Minghao, not realising he backed up, legs tripping over his bed and falling backwards.

Minghao's blow was cut short by the absence of Mingyu as he fell right on Mingyu's chest. The pillow still separated them as both regained their breathing. However, Minghao didn't stop there, immediately continuing his attack even with Mingyu repeatedly telling him to cut it out.

Mingyu had enough of it as he grabbed the pillow, throwing it across the room and switching positions so that he could pin Minghao's hands to the bed so he would stop. "Are you crazy?" Mingyu asked a furious Minghao, who blew his hair off his face.

"What did you say my name for?" Minghao asked, and Mingyu's dominance was long gone. "Because you wouldn't say no to me" Mingyu sat beside Minghao, who was still lying as he listened to Mingyu's pathetic answer.

"You almost said my name the first time too. Why? Why did you? Give me a proper answer this time or" Minghao stopped as Mingyu whipped his head towards him. "Or what!? Do you want to know so bad? Fine, I like you, okay? I think I do. It's all too confusing for me. Now stop asking" Minghao paused before scoffing in anger, picking up the pillow from Mingyu's bed to continue his abuse.

"Why are you still hitting me!?" Mingyu stumbled off the bed when Minghao finally discarded the pillow. "You don't get to do this, Mingyu! Fuck you. You're so cruel! Why are you doing this to me now? I'm just now ready to move on! I'm just now ready to be with someone who'll love me" Minghao sat on the edge of the bed as he dragged his hand down his face.

"What do you mean?" Mingyu's clueless face only made Minghao more angry. "It means you don't get to like me now when I just started falling out of love with you. Falling out of love after years of wanting you to look at me the way you looked at me tonight" Minghao's face wore an angry expression that slowly changed into a sad one.

"I can't be here" Minghao stood up, hitting Mingyu's hand away as it tried to stop him, leaving Mingyu alone in the room as he slammed the door shut behind him. Mingyu really fucked up now. Just like he realised, he had been fucking up for the last however many years of his life, and now he was going to fix it.

❥ ─────  🎥 ───── ★