𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 12

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

══════ ══════

|𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬|

📼 ══════ ══════ 🎞

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mingyu crossed his arms as he stood by the doorway. Minghao was still brushing his teeth when he turned around, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "What now?" Minghao was barely understandable to himself with the foam in and around his mouth.

"I know Seokmin isn't the one you really like" Minghao was lucky the sink was under him as he spat out whatever was in his mouth in shock. "What did you just say?" Minghao quickly washed his mouth before going to stand in front of Mingyu.

"Why didn't you think I'd figure it out? Do you think I'm an idiot?" Minghao could feel himself shaking. Mingyu was probably going to end their friendship over this. He can't. Minghao couldn't believe he was that dumb to ruin this for himself.

"No, Mingyu it's not what you think it is" Minghao was trying to cover up whatever Mingyu knew with lies, but he didn't know what exactly it was that he knew. Did he know it all? If he knew he liked him now, then would he figure out that it was always him? Even the fact that he was the mystery guy in their high school days that Mingyu wouldn't stop consoling him over.

Minghao actually enjoyed the whole experience. Mingyu pampered the shit out of him over the supposed internet guy that bailed on him. He got free home-cooked meals three times a day because Mingyu was worried about whether he'll eat or not, and he refused to leave Minghao's side under any and all circumstances.

Minghao's favourite part was the cuddling, Mingyu's bear hugs that he usually had to find some excuse to fall into were being given to him left and right. He even got to sleep in Mingyu's arms more days than once when it happened.

Minghao liked to pretend. He hated to admit it, but in those days, he loved to pretend he was Mingyu's. To be able to pretend that this is how it would feel to date Kim Mingyu. He knew that was the only way he'll most likely be able to experience the feeling of having what he wanted, having it exactly the way he wanted.

Until Minghao admittedly felt bad for taking advantage of how kind Mingyu was. But in his head, he had every right to. He was in love with someone who didn't love him back, just as he told Mingyu. He only lied about the person.

Instead of it being his feelings for some unattainable boy in China, it was his feelings for his unattainable best friend. "I like Seokmin, I don't know what you think you know, but I like Seokmin" Mingyu held onto Minghao's hand before making him sit down on one of the beds.

"Hao, why didn't you tell me? I've always loved and supported you in everything. Why wouldn't I be with you even when you tell me about this?" Minghao's mind was completely blank. This felt like a glitch. Mingyu was just bragging about kissing Wonwoo yesterday night, so why is he out here accepting Minghao's feelings?

"I heard you yesterday" Minghao wanted to spontaneously combust if he could. He was just emotional after listening to Mingyu go off about his fucking cringe, unrealistic, damn near perfect first kiss with Wonwoo.

Honestly, where the fuck did the fireflies come from on cue? How did they say all the perfect movie dialogues like they rehearsed it and why the fuck did Mingyu have to come and tell him? He talks to himself when he's stressed. He thought Mingyu was asleep. How stupid could he have been?

"What did you hear?" The question was to make sure before he professed his undying love to the last person he should be professing his undying love to. "Is it Jun? Oh my god, is he by any chance the Shanghai guy?" Minghao let out the breath he was holding onto.

"You're reaching now. He's not even from Shanghai. I think he said he was from Beijing. Or did he say Shenzen? Am I remembering it wrong?" Minghao went to pick out his clothes for the day, his nerves getting better after figuring out Mingyu had absolutely no idea, still. "Even if I liked Jun, I can't go for him" now Minghao was just teasing Mingyu.

"Why not!?" Mingyu stood up abruptly like he was about to object to a wedding. "You can't be with Seok if you have someone else in your heart" Minghao who was enjoying how cute Mingyu was being stopped at the statement.

Mingyu was right, he couldn't do that. "Why can't you date Jun? If you like him, then ask him out!" Minghao snapped back into reality as much as he could before glaring at Mingyu.

"Gyu, the guy is kinda dating my boss...do you want me to lose my job?" Mingyu stopped to think of a solution, only to come up with none. "Besides, don't worry. I don't want to date Jun" Mingyu looked at him, a 'then who' written on his face without him having to say it.

"I'm not telling you" Minghao pulled his shirt off before getting into the tank top that he picked out. "You better tell me" Mingyu went over to grab the shorts that Minghao had picked from his hands, resulting in a tug of war between them.

"You're so immature. Fine, it's you" Minghao said it knowing it was the only way he could ever confess, also knowing there's no way in hell Mingyu would believe him, and it only proved when he mocked a laugh.

"Ha ha, very funny Xu, spit it out" Mingyu latched onto the shorts, giving Minghao a look. "I'm being honest. It's you" Mingyu held the shorts above Minghao's head this time, getting an exaggerated eye roll in response.

"I'm not short bitch. I can still grab it" Minghao jumped to get the shorts, having them both laughing as Mingyu held onto Minghao's waist to pull him down. It worked, not only because he was much stronger and easily kept him in place, but because Minghao was suddenly too aware of all his senses.

"Give me my shorts" Minghao managed to say without stuttering, and Mingyu shook his head with a cute smile before sticking his tongue out. "Give it, please" Minghao almost pleaded, convinced he'd cry if this kept happening. If he kept being this close to Mingyu's face as he held him like this, yeah he was going to at least sob out of distress.

It would've been such a cute couple moment, but that was just it. They weren't a couple, and Mingyu was just playing around with someone he saw as his best friend. The thought left a bitter feeling in Minghao's mouth. 'I'm not your fucking bro. Stop saying that', Minghao wanted to shout to him.

He forcefully took the shorts from Mingyu's hand before walking into the bathroom and slamming it shut. "I do like Seok. I just need to like only him" Minghao mumbled under his breath as he locked the bathroom door. "I can do it" Minghao was good at lying but never that good at lying to himself.

❥ ─────  🎥 ───── ★