𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 5

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

Mingyu turned to Minghao, eyes going to him for some form of confidence. "Do what you think is right" Minghao said, trying to ignore whatever he was feeling. "What if he says no" Mingyu hesitated, but Minghao lightly pushed him forward.

"No, he won't" Mingyu nodded. In his head, Minghao was always right. So if he thinks Mingyu won't hear a 'no', then he's probably right. Mingyu stepped forward, the ring held tightly in his hand. Jeonghan could feel his hands sweating, and he knew Joshua could see him getting nervous from beside him.

"It's Mingyu" Jeonghan just ignored Joshua as he waited for Mingyu to say a name. "I don't want this to come as a surprise, but..." Mingyu turned as he looked in Jeonghan's direction. He was happy for a second until he realised he was looking past him.

"...Wonwoo Hyung, would you?" Wonwoo didn't expect it at all. His head turned to the side in utter confusion as he looked at Mingyu like he must've made an audible typo. "Me?" Mingyu nodded before going over with the ring, walking past Jeonghan, who tried to act fine, but it was harder with Joshua next to him.

"Would you?" Mingyu asked again, lifting Wonwoo's hand to hold in his. Unconsciously Wonwoo turned to look at Jun, who was watching expressionlessly. "Okay" Wonwoo's fingers shivered at the feeling of Mingyu sliding the ring on. "You look beautiful" Wonwoo stopped functioning at the simple compliment. He could feel himself buffering. "Me?" Wonwoo asked again. Half convinced he imagined this whole thing.

"So beautiful" Mingyu brought Wonwoo's hand to his lips before placing a kiss on it. "Thank you" Wonwoo was looking down, red tinting his cheeks. Mingyu walked back in accomplishment, looking at Minghao as he silently screamed in joy.

"I told you he won't" Mingyu hugged his best friend. What did he say? Minghao was always right. Seungkwan was enjoying every second of his job. He didn't take long to say Joshua's name. It took him by surprise, but Joshua was about to step forward when he heard a sniffle coming from Jeonghan.

"Why are you crying over him? There are other people here" Joshua whispered, just wanting to go and say Jun's name. "Just go, Jisoo" Joshua clenched his teeth together before telling Seungkwan to ask someone else to go before him since he wanted time to think.

Jun looked at him in doubt as Joshua came back to stand beside Jeonghan. "Stop crying. He's right next to you" Joshua sighed, turning Jeonghan towards him, not that Mingyu would've noticed with how distracted he was with something Minghao was saying. "I'm not crying. I'm just cold" Jeonghan was busy lying that he didn't notice Joshua wiping a tear from his cheek.

He heard Seungcheol saying Jihoon's name and walking over to put the ring on his finger. "Jun, do you have something like a tissue?" Jun was about to ask why but he saw Jeonghan before he even got the chance to.

"I don't. Vernon had a bandana earlier! Vernon! Vernon, give me your bandana" everyone was looking at them now with how loud Jun was. Joshua made Jeonghan keep his eyes on him so he didn't have to look the other way, in Mingyu's view.

"You barely know him. Why are you crying?" Joshua had a point, but that's not even why Jeonghan was crying. He didn't like the feeling of being turned down every time he really liked someone. Maybe a relationship wasn't for him.

Vernon didn't question it as he took the bandana to give Jun. "Thanks" Jeonghan said, waiting to use it when Joshua went forward. Joshua giving a shit about him was new, he wasn't going to get his hopes up, but he waited to hear the name Joshua was going to say.

"Jun, would you like it if I gave you my ring?" What did Jeonghan expect? Joshua went over to Jun before placing the ring on his finger. "I would love it" Jun said with a slight tease in his tone. When Joshua returned, it was like he didn't even take care of him seconds ago. Jeonghan was going to stay quiet. He wasn't going down that road again, not with Hong Jisoo.

"Minghao" Seungkwan's voice startled Minghao, who wasn't expecting to hear his name. He stepped forward, deciding to say Jun's name. If he says no, it wouldn't hurt him.
"Say Seokmin" Mingyu said from next to Minghao, and he wanted to protest. He knew Seokmin wouldn't reject him.

But Minghao couldn't say 'no' to Mingyu, he'll say it a million times, but he needed to change that habit of his. "Seokmin?" Minghao asked in the form of a question. The way Seokmin's expression lit up was almost comical.

"Yes" Seokmin didn't take his eyes off of Minghao for even a second as he put the ring on him. "I thought you didn't even notice me" Minghao hated that he couldn't say no to Mingyu. He hated it so much.

"Why did you give Jun your bandana?" Soonyoung asked, trying to hide the disappointment he was feeling at Seokmin saying yes to Minghao. "I think Jeonghan Hyung cried, or he has a cold? I'm not sure" Vernon explained terribly as Soonyoung moved back to get a view of Jeonghan, it wasn't obvious but if you look hard enough, you could see the redness on Jeonghan's face.

"Soonyoung" Seungkwan called out, Soonyoung's attention falling on the host. "Are you ready?" Soonyoung nodded, moving forward as his eyes focused on Seungkwan. "Jeonghan Hyung" Jeonghan didn't even register his name until Mingyu, out of everyone, tapped his shoulder.

Jeonghan looked over to see who said his name and grew even more puzzled as Soonyoung walked over with his ring. "Can I put it on you?" Jeonghan tilted his head like a lost puppy but let Soonyoung do as he wished.

He needed to ask why Soonyoung did that. There was no way Soonyoung had feelings for him. They barely had time to talk. So how did he pick him, of all people? The night passed. Further, Jun chose Joshua, Seokmin chose Minghao, Chan chose Vernon, and even Wonwoo said Mingyu's name.

Jeonghan still didn't have an explanation as to why Soonyoung picked him, but he was going to give his ring to Soonyoung regardless. At least he wouldn't say no. "Soonyoung" Jeonghan had said before doing the same thing Soonyoung had done for him earlier.

As the ceremony ended, Jeonghan pulled Soonyoung to the side. "Why did you pick me?" Soonyoung held Jeonghan's cheek softly. "Because it's not hard to like you, and I didn't like seeing you cry" Soonyoung blinked cutely before dragging Jeonghan towards the dinner hall.

Seungkwan watched them through the monitor as he sat back with another cup of iced americano in his hand that one of the staff so kindly passed him. And Seungkwan had to admit that perhaps Kwon Soonyoung wasn't just a stuck-up rich person like he initially thought.

❥ ─────  🎥 ───── ★