Chapter 1- 'Lilly and Hyunjae'

"Breaking news"
We have found out that the Flight 599 that was supposed to return to Seoul by 11 am has reportedly gone missing along with 309 passengers. This is the fourth plane that has gone missing this year, which had 320, 248, 210 passengers, respectively. All four planes had Incheon as their destination. A total of 1,087 people have gone missing.

"Noona,have you seen the news", said Hyunjae.

Nari sighs,nods her head, and replies, "How many times do I have to tell you to address me as sunbae at work,newbie?"

"Sorry, Sunbae," replies Hyunjae mockingly.

"Hey, stop it." and they start bickering as usual.

It was nothing new, but it was no doubt that nobody made a team as good as them both. The missions they have accomplished together suggest so. They were even famous for their teamwork in the NIS.

"They have started again", mumbles Junho,their co-agent to himself, and loudly says, " Stop it both of you. Every time you guys fight, I have to make you stop fighting. Otherwise, your bickering will never end."

"But he is teasing me...." says Nari Hyunjae interrupts and says " but she called me a newbie. "

"Why did you call him newbie? He has been here for a year now. And why are you teasing your senior. How is that you fight with her but is shy in front of everyone?And stop bickering the both of you. If anybody sees you right now, they will never believe that you are the same Lily who is wanted among the criminals."

Nari with a smile on her face, says, "I like that sentence." Hyunjae gives a thumbs up and says,"You really are cool, Sunbae."
"I know", Nari says with a wink.

Nari's phone rings, and she is called to the directors office.

Nari says, "The director has called me, I have to go". She waves and goes away, flicking her shoulder-length brown wavy hair.

"Sometimes it makes me worry how she is wanted among the criminals. She is constantly in danger.",says Hyunjae.

"Don't worry about her she is a trained agent, and you know she is the badass kind of girl, right?" Junho says jokingly.

"I know, but it doesn't make me feel better about it" replies Hyunjae.

"Hmm, but you are there with her whenever you both are on a mission, and you always take care of her. Like her much?."

Hyunjae denyingly says with a scoff, "What no,I would be worried about her even if she would be a guy."

Junho mumbles,"Yeah, right."

Meanwhile, in the directors office:
"You called me?"

"Lily,I have a mission for you. But it is confidential. You are strictly refrained from mentioning whatever is being discussed here outside my office."

"Yes, Director Min pls go on."

"You have to go undercover as a student at Hanjo University. I have heard from an informer that somebody over that is involved in some kind of suspicious activity. It is not sure whether it is a student or a teacher. All we know is that it has got something to do with the 4 planes that went missing this year. "

"OK, but can't I take Hyunjae with me?"

"Not right now. But I will be sending him a few days later. Since this is a confidential mission, we have to be as discreet as possible. And do not mention to him about this mission right now. I will tell him later myself before I send him."

"OK. When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow morning."
Nari salutes and leaves.

At 6pm:
"Noona, I will walk you home." says Hyunjae.

"OK. I also have something to speak to you about" replies Nari.

"What is it about?" asks Hyunjae.

"Tomorrow morning, I have to leave for a mission. But you can't come with me this time since this is a strictly confidential mission."

Hyunjae worriedly says, "But it is not safe for you to go alone on this mission, especially if it is this confidential."

Nari nonchalantly replies, "it's okay, I will be fine. You are worried for no reason. Besides, the director said that she will be sending you too after a few days. She can't send us together because it may get dangerous."

"OK, noona, if you say so. But be safe" Hyunjae replies.

Then Nari says,"And one more thing. If anybody troubles you, don't keep quiet. Tell it to me. I will come and punch their faces." 
She walks forward, turns a round smiles,waves and goes inside her house.

✨️Byeol✨️