Chapter 18- 'I will not forget you. No matter what.'

Hyunjae says, "What if I did? Will you forgive me?"

Nari says, "So you did something worth apologizing for. What is it?"

They keep quiet for a minute as the waiter places two plates of steak on the table and the waiter walks away.

Nari says, "But we didn't order anything yet."

Hyunjae says, "I did before you came. Let's eat otherwise the food will get cold."

Nari says, "Don't change the topic. Answer my question. I'm getting really suspicious now."

Hyunjae bursts into laughter.

Nari says, "Did you go crazy or something?"

Hyunjae says, "Prank back at you."

Nari says, "Was that a prank?"

Hyunjae says, "Yeah."

"I don't know it didn't seem like a prank. There seemed a sense of guilt on your face." Nari says raising her eyebrow.

"Well that's called acting. Maybe I should leave my job and become an actor."

"You know you are crazy right?"

Hyunjae says, "I know. I get that from you" and winks.

"If you become famous, don't forget me. Okay?"

"I will never forget you no matter what."

Did he like Nari? It must be a show. He was a good sweet talker. She could not be swayed by his sweet but fake words. After all she was just a mission to him. This sentence pricked her heart very deeply. They start eating then Hyunjae asks, "Where should we go next?"

"I don't know."

"Come on Noona. You can't do this. You told me you would show me around your hometown."

'Noona'. Nari never knew she would hate this word so much. Especially when it came out from the mouth of Hyunjae if it is his real name.

"Fine. There is a park nearby. It has really beautiful blossoms there" Nari says trying to hold in her urge to punch him and ask him everything that he is hiding.

"Cool. Let's go there."

Nari nods with a forced smile.

They finish eating their food and head to the park.

Hyunjae and Nari are walking side by side along a long river. The park could be seen at the end of the river.
"This cold breeze is so peaceful right?" Hyunjae says looking at Nari.

Nari sneezes and says, "Yes it's so good that I think I am coming down with a cold" and she chuckles lightly.

Hyunjae tilts his head slightly to the right and says, "Really?" in a low voice and hurriedly takes a tissue out of his bag.

"Here. Keep this just in case."

Nari looks at him and wonders, "Why am I so dependent on him? How does he even know so much about her?"

Hyunjae notices her staring at him and says, "I know you too much" and smiles.

"You read my mind."

"I told you I know you too much."

Nari says, "Shit I am screwed."

Hyunjae says, "Let's go. It's getting late."

They walk quietly along the gently flowing river with a calm atmosphere and reach the park. The full moon was beaming the brightly in the sky. A line of cherry blossom trees were on the two sides of a long pathway. The moonlight was the only source of light on the street. Due to the cool breeze, the petals fall were slowly falling on the ground.

Nari smiles and says, "Isn't this so beautiful?"

A petal falls on Nari's hair. Hyunjae takes the petal out of her hair, looks at her and says, "So beautiful" and smiles.

Nari looks at the petal and says, "So there was a petal."

Hyunjae says, "Yes. It's getting late. I will drop you home."

Hyunjae drops her home. When Nari reaches home she sees that Taeho is sleeping on the couch without removing his shoes. She smells alcohol from him. She removes his shoes and places it in the shoe rack. She puts a blanket on him, looks at him sleeping and says while smiling, "Thank you for everything. I may not be home tomorrow by the time you wake so I will tell you now. Be safe and healthy."
--------------------------------

Next morning:

Taeho rushes to the airport. He calls Nari.

"Where are you?"

"At the airport. I didnt wake you up in the morning because you seemed tired."

"I'm coming" and cuts the phone.

"What? Why are you coming? Hello... hello"

Taeho quickly gets dressed up. He wears a white baggy shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He puts on a brown long jacket and quickly grabs his car keys. He had to dress up on this special day. After all he was going to confess today.

It was dawn time so there wasn't much traffic on road. Thank god Nari's flight was in the early morning. There was still time. He could make it to the airport. He had to confess today otherwise he would have to wait until Nari comes back. He couldn't wait that long. His stomach would burst holding in the feelings for that long. He quickly drives his car and reaches the airport.

"Nari where are you? I am at the airport."

"I am about to go for immigration."

"Got it."

"Is something wrong?" Nari says worriedly. She couldn't bear if something happened to someone especially Taeho because of her.

"I see you."

Taeho runs towards Nari as fast as possible. While running he bumps into a luggage trolley and falls. Before he falls to the ground Nari catches him and says,"Be careful"

Taeho says,"I like you Lee Nari."