Chapter 20- 'Reunion'

"You and your uncontrollable temper."
A voice says from beside her.

Nari looks beside her to see her closest friend beside her, Ahn Daeun. Nari had known her almost her entire life. They studied in the same middle school and high school. They became friends because they had the same goal- serving their country. Daeun was the only person Nari fully trusted besides her father.

"Daaeunnnnnnn", Nari says and hugs her.

"Hey hey. You are in front of the directors office. Keep it down",Daeun says hugging her back.
"I missed you alot",Nari says moving away from her.

"I know you did", Daeun says laughing. After a pause she says,"I'm getting off from work now. Come with me to my house. Wait. Where are you staying?"

"I am actually on a mission in Incheon now. I came to Seoul because the director said there was some emergency but it was a lie", Nari says really angrily.

"And that's why you were angry just now."

Nari replies,"Yeah. I was going to stay in a hotel until then but now there is no reason to. I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Cancel your stay and come to my place tonight. Let's not sleep tonight and catch up."

Nari says excitedly,"I'm in."

At Daeun's place:

"Why is your place so shabby?" Nari says looking at the mess in her house.
Nari continues,"Do you even live here?"
"Well I came to Seoul yesterday from a mission so my house is messy."
"You came yesterday and didn't even bother to clean the place where you live?" Nari asks her.
"Well if you are so bothered, why don't you clean my house while you are at it?"
"Looks like you still can't live without me",  Nari says, sighing and nodding her head sideways.
Daeun chuckles lightly, and they get onto cleaning her house. After they finish cleaning,they sit down on a couch.

"My house is really beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yeah. So beautiful. But you should clean up more often. It feels as if I am in someone else's house right now", Nari says.

"Haa. Very funny. But I am hungry", Daeun says after growling voice come from her stomach.

"I heard that", Nari says, bursting into laughter.

"So what? It's not like you are my crush that I will be embarrassed."

"Yeah, yeah. Shall I make something for us to eat?"

"Noo", Daeun says reluctantly. "Please do me a favor. I have a trauma of eating food made by you. I suddenly got a flashback of the porridge you made for me in high school when I fell ill.",she continues.

"Okay, fine. Let's order something",Nari says, whimpering.

They order two servings of black bean noodles. While eating,they speak to each other about what had been happening in their lives the whole time they were apart. And there was a lot to talk about since they hadn't seen each other for a year now.

"Did you finally at least find someone to date,Daeun?", Nari asks.

"No. Don't remind me of my pathetic single life.",Daeun says sadly.

"I didn't expect any better from you anyways",Nari says, nodding her head in disappointment.

"What about you? Are you in any better position than me now?",Daeun asks curiously.

"Wellll.....",Nari says, stretching the word.

"Oh my God. You found someone? Is it Hyunjae?",Daeun asks excitedly.

"No. Don't take his name. He is a traitor.", Nari says almost angrily.

Daeun's excited face changes, and she asks anxiously,"What do you mean?"

Nari tells her everything that has happened. Daeun patiently listens to everything she says. Then she says,"Do you think you misheard him?"

"No. Not at all. I'm sure of it",Nari says firmly.

"Okay. So what have you thought of doing about it?"

"Well, I was thinking about letting it be for now. I will take care of it after the mission ends."

"Are you sure about keeping him on the mission? He might be a mole."

Nari replies fastenly,"No, he is probably not. 'I' am the mission he is on. He is probably not concerned about that."

Daeun firmly advises Nari and tells her,"This is a very delicate matter. You should be careful."

"Yeah",Nari says and sighs.

"Soooo. Who is the guy you like? Where did you meet him? Are you dating him?"

"His name is Kim Taeho, and no, I am not dating him."

"Why? He doesn't like you?"

"He confessed yesterday at the airport", Nari tells her what happened that day.

"Wow. I like him already. So when are you going to date him?"