Chapter 3- 'Are you single?'

"You're back home, Nari? Come here." Nari's father.

"Yes, dad, I'm coming."

Nari's dad says, "Hi. How was your day today? Did anybody suspect you? You are safe, right? Did you make any new friends? Did you find anything suspicious? Nobody bullied you, right?"

Nari replies," Hello. I am fine. No, nobody suspects me. Don't worry, I am safe. Yes, I did make new friends. No Nobody bullied me. They don't have the nerve to bully Lilly." She winks, and then she says,"I think I have answered all your questions. There were many questions, though."

Nari's dad says," I am sorry. I am just worried about you. By the way, tell me about your friends."

"It's ok, dad. I understand.So when I was standing in front of the university, a guy bumped into me and fell i caught him, and he called me cute. Then guess what I did. I dropped him and called him crazy. It was funny. Spoiler alert he is the class rep of my class. His name is Taeho. During lunch, I met a girl named Taeri, and we ate lunch together along with Taeho and his two friends."

"Hmm..... so the guy called you cute. And what do you think of him?"

Nari (changing the topic) "By the way, what's for dinner? I'm really hungry."

"Hmm, I see what you are doing there.Dinner is almost ready. Just go and bring milk from the store."

Nari goes to the store, and she sees a 7 year old girl with two ponytails buying candy from the store. The little girl couldn't even reach the counter. She then strikes conversation with the girl.
"That's a lot of candy you are buying." Nari says with a smile.

The girl stares at her with her mouth open for some time and asks," Are you single?"

Nari stares at her with a confused expression, then smiles and asks her,"Why? Do you like me that much?"

The girl says, "Umm... You are cute. I have an oppa who is single. What do you say? Do you want to give it a try. Please don't say no. He is very handsome and has curly, but not too curly bangs and loves wearing hoodies. If you date, you can share his hoodies too. Most importantly, he is very nice and sweet and caring, and ummm.....and he is cool."and smiles widely.

Nari mumbles "well she reminds me of a certain someone." smiles shyly and says,"Ok, sure, but what's your name?"

The girl replies," My name is Kim Taehee."

Nari says, "Ok Taehee, but are you alone? Why is their nobody with you here? It's not safe alone at night."

Taehee replies,"I live here in this neighborhood in that house."

Nari then says," Ok, give me a second. I will drop you home."

Nari then buys milk and leaves Taehee at her home. She then goes back to her house.

Next morning, Nari gets ready for university and leaves. She tries to find something or anything suspicious at all for the next few days but to no avail.

When she heads home, she bumps into Taehee again.

Taehee waves and says, "Hi cute unnie. I forgot to ask you your name last time. Oh and this time I am here with oppa you can meet him. Wait, oppa is not here. Oh, right. He walks very slowly."

Nari laughs and says," Ok, fine, I will meet your brother. And my name is Lee Nari."

"Stop running, Taehee. Lee Nari? What are you doing over here?"
"Kim Taeho? I didn't know you were her oppa."

Epilogue:

"Oppa, you know I saw a cute girl at the store today."

"Really, Taehee?"

"Yes, she is so cute. I asked her if she was single."

"Really. But why would you ask her that?"

"For my stupid single brother, obviously."

Taeho says with a smile," Really? But I already found a cute girl."

Taehee says," Really? But she can't be cuter than the girl I saw today."

Taeho replies,"But I think the girl I saw today is cuter ." and smiles shyily.

Taehee says," Want to bet on candy?"

Taeho says,"I'm all in." and smiles.

✨️Byeol✨️