Chapter 8- 'I missed you'

Soohyuk timidly says, "Glasya, I found Lilly."

A voice creeps from the dark," I don't have time for another unconfirmed claims of yours."

"But I have proof this time and I even have a picture of her."

Glasya stands up and says,"What proof do you have?"

"You know how I recruited a man in NIS as my agent last month? He told me that Lilly has been assigned with this missing plane case. And as I expected,she contacted somebody from the airport to get the documents of the missing planes that the control room had before it went missing. So I took a picture of her."

"Show me the picture."

Soohyuk shows Glasya the picture that he took and receives a reply, "Get me all the information on her."
           _____________________
On the phone:
"Hyunjae,we got the files."

"Really?"

"Yes. Come over now. Me and Taeho are at my place right now. There is a lot of stuff to go through."

"Okay I am coming."
            ____________________

At Nari's home:

Nari says, "You go through the passenger list. I will check all the information about pilots."

Taeho says,"Okay,but do you have a pen around? There may be one in your pouch."

Nari laughs sarcastically.

Taeho asks her with a confused expression," Why are you laughing?"

Hyunjae says," She loses small things very easily so she probably have lost that too."

Nari says, "You came? Come inside and split the work with Taeho. I will go and try to find a pen."

Taeho says," I will help you."

Nari says, "Okay. The storeroom is this way."

Nari opens the room of the storeroom and they are shocked by the sight of the room. It has a lot of things mostly covered in dust.

Taeho says, "Hopefully we will find a pen in this room. Should I just go and buy a pen?"

Nari says, "That's probably a good idea."

Nari goes back to the hall and Taeho goes to buy a pen.

Hyunjae asks Nari, "Didn't find a pen?"

Nari says,"It was a mess back there. I dont think my father has cleaned the storeroom probably ever since we moved to Korea."

Hyunjae laughs and says,"I missed you."

Her heart skipped a beat. She didn't know why she liked hearing those words. Her heart would have probably skipped a beat even if her dad said that. Right?

Nari smiles and says,"I missed you too. Nobody troubled you while I was away right? If they did I will go and smack their face."

Hyunjae smiles and says, "No nobody troubled me. Besides I have learnt to stand up for myself because of you."

"It is good that you are standing up for yourself. In your life you meet a lot of people. Sometimes you should keep quiet for peace if they do unnecessary things. But by doing so you should not allow people to walk all over you."

"That was deep. By the way what is this story of Taeho calling you cute?"

Nari tells him what happened the day they met.

Hyunjae says in a strained voice,"Okay"

Nari says,"What? You don't like him?"

Hyunjae says,"He is weird. I am just playing along because I want to get over with this case soon. I don't know why but I don't have a good feeling about this case."

"It's ok. Don't worry. Everything will be fine."

The bell rings. Nari goes and opens the door. The three of them get onto their work  .

7 pm-

Hyunjae gets a call from his landlord.

Hyunjae says,"I have to go. Actually
There is some plumbing problem so I have to be there. I'll take these documents home."

Nari says,"Okay. You can go. Tomorrow is your first day at the university. Do a good job."

"Thank you sunbae. Bye".

Taeho says, "Bye Leopard agent. It will be weird that someone smaller than me in age will be my professor but best of luck"  and gives a thumbs up.

Nari and Hyunjae look at him in shock.

Nari asks him, "How much did you hear the other day?"

Hyunjae giggles and says,"I'll go. Bye."

10pm-

Taeho drops the pencil and says,"Finally I'm done." He stretches a bit and looks at Nari to find that she fell asleep. He rests his elbow on the table and puts his head on his palm,looks at her and says,

"You look so cute even when you sleep."

He gently removes her glasses,folds it and keeps it aside. Covers her with a blanket. Then he goes to her father and tells," Ajusshi I'm leaving now. Nari is sleeping now. She seemed tired so I didn't wake her up."

"Ok you can leave. I'll take care of her."

"Ok"

"Wait. I have to ask you something."

Taeho turns and looks at him.

"Do you like my daughter?"
✨️Byeol✨️