Chapter 14- 'Horror Movies'

Hyunjae says with an annoyed look, "Do you like her?"

Taeho notices the annoyed look on his face and says, "Yes I do. Is there a problem?"

Hyunjae says,"I expected this" to himself and continues,"Yes, she is in danger. She is in danger 24×7. It's because of her job. You may not know this but she is one of the best agents on field. She has caught many criminals and they have been put in jail. Due to this many dangerous criminals who are now released are out for revenge. But nobody knew who Lilly really was because she always kept her identity hidden... until now" and sighs.

"This means that this job is very dangerous."

"Yes. You said you liked her. Right? In the future I may not be around. When the time comes, protect her. Keep her safe."

Taeho asks him with a serious look,"Do you plan on leaving?"

Hyunjae says,"I meant that in case I'm not there sometimes."

Taeho says suspecting him,"Okay."
            _______________________
Nari heads home. On her way home she sees a small kitten and starts petting it.

"I didn't take you to be a cat person." a voice says from behind.

Nari is startled by the voice and quickly turns around to give a punch but Taeho catches her hand.

"You scared me."

"So you get scared too." Taeho lowers her hand and keeps holding onto it.

Then he says, "You came at the right time. Food is ready. Let's go home quick."

"You didn't have to cook food. I would have cooked it. That's the least I could do in return of living here."

"Chill. You keep our country safe. That's the least I can do in return. Besides i doubt that you can cook well. Come and eat." Taeho says while opening his house door.

"Fine." Nari says and goes and sits on the table.

Nari says,"Wow. This looks so nice. And you are right. I can't cook well. The only thing that I can is Ramyeon and sometimes I burn it too. How do you get me well?"and chuckles nervously.

Taeho says," That's because I like you." smiles shyly.

Nari asks," What did you say?" with a shocked expression.

Taeho says,"Nothing. I was kidding. Start eating."

But before they could start eating the bell rings. Taeho goes into panic mode. He goes and checks who it is and sees that his step mother is standing outside his door. Nari tells him,"Relax. I will go and hide in the room. You go and open the door."

Taeho says,"Okay. But take your shoes first." He quickly heads towards the door and gives Nari her shoes. Nari takes her shoes and rushes inside the room. Taeho opens the door and let's his stepmother in. She comes in and sits on the sofa.

"Why are you here?"

"Can't I visit my sons place?"

"I am not your son. Be honest. I know you don't think of me as your son. Why are you here?"

"Since you didn't come and visit me after your father went missing, I came instead. I was worried about you."

"Please. You are the last person who worries about me. If you really cared about me, you wouldn't have thrown me out of my own house."

"He loves me. And I love him too. And if you continue to do this, I will to do something far worse than throwing you out of the house."

"My dad is not in love with you. People fall in love only once. He did too. With my mother. He is being manipulated by you which is why he thinks he loves you. I am going to break that manipulation. And you love him for his money. I will break that to him. You will see."