Chapter 19- 'Decision'

"Is something wrong?" Nari says worriedly. She couldn't bear if something happened to someone especially Taeho because of her.

"I see you."
Nari sees Taeho running towards him. Why is he so dressed up today?
Not that she was complaining. He looked so handsome that Nari's heart skipped a beat. He seemed like a bright ray of light admist the rush of the airport. While running he bumps into a luggage trolley and falls. Before he falls to the ground Nari catches him and says,"Be careful."
There he goes being clumsy again.

Taeho says,"I like you Lee Nari."

"What?!" Nari says with a shocked reaction. What she feared the most had happened. He too had developed feelings for her. But she had to kill her heart and feelings. She couldn't let him get closer to her.

Taeho straightens up and stands. He says,"I like you a lot."

Nari says,"But...umm.."
Taeho interrupts and says,"You don't need to reply now. Take your time."

He knew what her response was going to be. He just needed some time to make her understand.

Nari says,"Okay"
But no matter how much time she had she was not going to change her decision.

Things are a bit awkward between them.

Taeho breaks the silence and says,"I will go and check the room that we didn't get to check the other day while you are away"

Nari says,"But I might not be reachable when I'm in Seoul."

Taeho says,"Really?"
He thinks for sometime then says,"Then I will inform Hyunjae if I find anything suspicious."

Nari's eyes enlarge and she quickly and a little loudly responses to him,"No. Not a word to Hyunjae."

God knows what is his real motive. What if he is the mole?

Taeho realizes there is something wrong. Why else would she be like that?

Taeho asks,"Is something wrong?"

Nari says,"It's better that you dont know about it."

Taeho says,"If you say so, then ok. I am saying this just randomly but please. Let me know if you feel that you are in danger" placing his hands on Nari's shoulder.

Nari moves his hands from her shoulder and says,"Fine. I have to go."

He looks at Nari until she disappears in the crowd. When he can't see her anymore, he droops his shoulders in dismay.
He thinks,"I am such an idiot. How could I speak to her casually after I confessed my feelings. She must think that I am not serious about her. She probably thinks I am a weirdo."

At Seoul headquarters:

"Agent Lilly reporting,director"

"Finally. Why is it taking you this long to solve this case? The protests are getting out of control."

"Director Min,first of all let me remind you that the prosecution was not able to make progress in this case even when 4 planes went missing in a month. But Hyunjae and I have managed to make progress in just 2 weeks". Lilly says in an irritated tone.

"Tell me what progress you have made."

Nari tells the director everything

"Okay. You can go back and continue your mission", says the director after slightly nodding.

"That's it? What about the emergency?" Nari says alarmed.

"The higher ups said to call you to Seoul immediately saying it's an emergency. But they just called me and said that the emergency was resolved."

"The higher-ups? I thought that this mission was confidential and only we and Hyunjae knew about it?"

"The order had actually come from them to make you the head of this mission."

Nari angrily says,"Why did you lie to me? Do you know there is a mole in our organization? Yet you didn't even bother letting me know about this."

"Stop yelling. Let me remind you that I am your head. Not the other way around. You can leave now."

"I am sorry but I can't further report to you the progress of this case. I will solve this case in a month and show you. You can't stop me from doing what I want." Nari says and opens the door roughly and leaves the room slamming the door close.

"You and your uncontrollable temper."
A voice says from beside her.