Chapter 2- 'You're cute'

While reading the chapter, listen to 'Christmas Tree' by V for extra feels✨️

Today is the day Nari will be joining the university. It is quite awkward for her because she never got to attend university. During her training at the NIS, she studied law from her trainer. She never thought even in her wildest dreams that she would be attending a university.

She was standing in front of the university thinking whether she would pull off acting as a student and suddenly a guy bumped into her and he lost his balance. Nari catches the guy before he falls.
Midway in the air, the guy says, "Ouch" and stares with a blank expression as if he saw a girl for the first time.
Nari asks,"What's wrong? You didn't even fall."
The guy says,"You're cute."
Nari looks at him with a perplexed expression and drops him. Then she says,"You are crazy," and walks away.

She goes to the teachers office and introduces herself. She takes a look at the teachers office for anything suspicious. Her English teacher takes her to her class.On her way to the classroom, she sees a door, but there is no one over there. She decides to look at the door during the break.

"This is a new student who will be joining us from today onwards. Please introduce yourself."says Mr. John

"Hello, everyone. My name is Lee Nari. I will be joining you all from today."

"Hello Lee Nari. I am Mr. John Yoo. I will be your English teacher. If you have any problems or doubts, you can ask Kim Taeho over there. He is the class rep. You can take a seat beside him."

Nari goes and sits on her seat.
The class rep then says, "Hi. My name is Kim Taeho..., and stops midway and looks at her.
Nari looks at him and says,"Oh,look, it's the crazy guy."
Taeho replies,"Yeah, it's me again. You can ask help from this crazy guy anytime you want" and smiles.

"Ok",Nari replies.

At lunchtime, Nari takes a look at the whole school to see if anything or anyone suspicious is there. Then she goes near the door that she saw when she was going to her class and got a call from the director.

"Did you reach there safely?"
"Yes, Director."
"Did you notice anything suspicious?"
"No."
"Where are you living right now?"
"I am living with my father here."
"Right, your father lives in Incheon. I forgot. Keep your ammunition in check and, most importantly, be safe.
"Ok."

From behind, a voice says
"You seem suspicious."

She gets startled and turns around to see Taeho and two guys with him.

She says,"God, you scared me crazy guy."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I thought you were lost so I came here to show you the cafeteria. And one more thing, these are my friends. This is Han Joonki, and this is Eun Minjae. In case you dont find me you can ask them for help."Taeho replies.
"Thank you. And I know the way to the cafeteria." Nari replies and walks away.

After she walks away, Taeho asks his friends, "Doesn't she seem suspicious to you?"

Joonki replies," No. Not to me. "
Minjae asks Taeho,"Why does she seem suspicious?"

Taeho says," Well, for starters, she was speaking to somebody on the phone called director. And she said she was living with her father. But the teacher told me that her parents died when she was 8 and she lived in the US until now. It is not possible for her to know anyone here. And joining in the middle of the year. Weird."

Joonki says,"Chill, dude, you must have misheard."

Minjae says,"It's ok it happens sometimes. Let's go and eat lunch. I'm really hungry."

Taeho and Joonki agrees and they go for lunch.

When Nari was going for lunch, a girl came up to her and introduced herself.
"Hi, I am Yoon Taeri from your class. You are new too,right? Let's sit together if you don't have anyone to sit with."
Nari agrees to sit with her. Then they head to the cafeteria.

Taeho is still suspicious about Nari, so he asks Nari to come sit with him to get to know her better. Nari asks whether it is okay for Taehee to sit with them and Taeho and his friends.
They agree and and they have their lunch together.

✨️Byeol✨️