Chapter 5- 'RUUUNNN'

Taehee comes out from the room and asks,"What are you two doing?"

Taeho and Nari are surprised by her voice and they impulsively move away from each other.

Taeho replies hesitatingly, "Umm ....we're....umm nothing."

Nari says," I think I should go."

Taeho says," Yeah I'll walk you home. It's late. Taehee go to bed I'll leave her home and come ."

Taeho and Nari leave the house and they start walking. Things are a bit awkward between them.

Nari says," I'm sorry for hugging you back there."

Taeho says." No it's fine. I felt good." and smiles.

"Will you be coming to the University from Monday?"

"I don't know."

"I think you should come. If you are worried about your father I promise you will find him soon."

"You... promise?"

"I umm mean that the police of the country."

"Ahann. By the way I think we took a turn in the wrong lane while talking."
Taeho says looking at a two high student smoking.

"What really?" Nari says and looks in the front and she sees the kids. The kids are flustered to look at some strangers who caught them smoking.
They move forward towards Nari and Taeho and they start threatening them.

Taeho says," You stay back. Let me handle them."
Nari says,"It's ok. I know self defense."
But Taeho doesn't seem to listen. He rolls up his sleeve and goes to talk to them.
The boys say,"You did not see anything."

Taeho says," But I did."

One of the guys says,"Are you crazy?"
and heads in for a punch and punches Taeho.

"Woah,that hurt. But if I beat you guys now it will be considered self defense." and Taeho heads in for a punch. But,they dodge and hit him instead.

Nari smacks her forehead and says,"I guess I have to step in now."

She goes and punches the guys face hard. The other guys is stunned and then comes charging at her she kicks him in between. The guy falls on the ground. Taeho is stunned seeing Nari's action. All of a sudden a bunch of more kids come swarming.

Taeho tells Nari,"Go teach them a lesson."

Nari says,"I can't."

Taeho asks with a perplexed expression scratching his head,"Why not?"

Nari replies," Because they are seven and I am one."

Taeho asks,"Then what do we do?"

Nari shouts,"RUUUNNN"

Nari catches Taeho's hand and runs with him. Taeho pulls her and takes the lead and they run faster. They run and run until they reach a convenience store.

Nari asks,"Are they gone?"

Taeho replies," I think so."

Then they look at each other and laugh very hard. After a while when they finish talking Taeho says," That was fun. Thank you for hanging out with me"

Nari asks pointing to the convenience store,"Do you need something for those bruises?"

They head inside and buy ice packs for Taeho's bruises.

While applying the face pack on his face Taeho asks,"Where did you learn doing those kicks back there?"

Nari replies,"My dad had taught me those."

Taeho replies,"I'm sorry for asking."

Nari replies,"Why would you be sorry?" and remembers that everybody thinks that her parents are dead.

Taeho says,"Let's go now. It's very late. I can't leave Taehee alone at home for long."

Nari nods her head and replies yes. Nari and Taeho go to her house silently without a word on the way. When they reach Nari's home they say goodbye to each other and Nari goes inside her home.
                 __________________
"Where were you?"says a deep voice in the dark.

"Ahhh. Who is there?" Nari asks.

In the dark she tries to see who is there and she realizes that it's her dad.

"Oh god. Dad you scared me."

"Don't you know I'm worried about you already because of your job?"

"I know I know,l am sorry. I will always inform you from now on if I am late. Ok?"

Nari's dad says with an angry upset face,"Ok."

"Come on dad. Don't be upset. I will make you ramyeon."

Nari's dad smiles and says ok. She makes ramyeon and sits.

"So where were you this whole time?"

"At Taeho's house. Actually the plane that had gone missing today in that his father was also a passenger. So I went to talk to him. I thought maybe I could find something from him."

"So did you find something?"

"Mmm....no."

"It's ok you will solve this case soon. Just be safe."

"By the way,where is your phone? I had been calling you but you didn't pick your phone."

"My phone? I don't know. I'll try to find it tomorrow. I am tired."

"Okay. Rest up now."

Hello readers. I will be posting new episodes every Friday.
Thank you
✨️Byeol✨️