Chapter 21- 'Memories'

"Wow. I like him already. So when are you going to date him?"

"I am not. I have many enemies, and they are looking for a chance to find my weakness. I can't give them a chance to toy with a person's life. Besides, Taeho is just a first love, and first loves are not fulfilled. You know better", Nari says with a straight face.

"You never know. You might grow to like him even more. Or maybe even love him."

Nari chuckles nervously and says,"I'm not sure about love. By the way, are you on any mission right now?."

Daeun says,"I completed my mission last week. I came to Seoul yesterday to wrap things up. So I am free now. Why?"

Nari says,"Cool. I have an unofficial mission for you."

Daeun says with a plain face,"I'm out."

Nari says,"Listen to me first. Please find out the truth behind Hyunjae. I think there is something else that I don't know about him."

Daeun says,"But I am on a break for 3 months."

Nari says,"If you find the truth, I will ask the director to extend your break by two months."

Daeun says with a smirk,"I'm in."

The next day, Nari and Daeun board the plane to Incheon and land there in the evening. They take a taxi to Nari's home.

When they enter the home, Daeun looks at the height markings on the wall near the entrance. She says,"This brings back many memories. Do you remember how we used to fight about who was taller? Then, one day, oppa suddenly seemed like a giant in front of us both."

They both start laughing.

Nari says,"How can I forget how much he used to tease us for that?"

Nari continues,"Go sit on the couch. I will bring some water."

Daeun continues to look around the house. Until then, Nari brings a little water in two white cups and places it on the round black colored coffee table.

"Come sit."

"This place hasn't changed a bit. It is still as beautiful as it was",Daeun says smiling.

"Of course it is beautiful. My dad made it."

"Right.Where is your dad?"

"He is out of town for business. He said he would come back in a few days."

"Okay. I'm hungry. Do you have something?"

"Wait, let me check."

"There are some side dishes in here. Let me make some rice",Nari says.

"Okay. Hey, look, it's raining."

"It might get even heavier."

"Hmm",Daeun nods.

Nari goes and makes rice while Daeun watches TV. After the rice cooks, Nari calls Daeun to eat food. Just when they sit, Nari receives a call from Taeho.

"Who is it? Is it Taeho?",Daeun asks with a smirk.

Nari tells her firmly,"Yeah. It is."

"But why are you not picking up the call?"

"Because he is probably calling to ask if I came back. Things are a bit awkward between us after that day at the airport. My dad is not in Incheon, so he will ask me to come stay with him."

"What? Why will he ask you that?"

"Well. Something happened, so I was staying with him before going to Seoul."

"What happened? Wait. Tell me later. First, call him back. It might be something important",Daeun says hastily.

"Okayyy."

Nari calls Taeho back.

Taeho picks the phone up and asks,"Are you in Incheon?"

"Put it on speaker",Daeun gestures Nari, and she puts the phone on speaker.

"Yes. I came back a few hours ago."

"Thank God. I thought I might have to call Hyunjae."

"Why? What's wrong?",Nari asks worriedly.

"I saw the guy with the whale tattoo. I was following him, but I just lost him."

"What? Where are you? I'm coming now."

"I'm behind the lane of our uni. Come quick."

"Listen to me carefully. That guy is very dangerous. You are not experienced enough to take him on. Don't do anything and stay on the line the entire time. Got it?", Nari says quickly, changing her clothes.

"Okay", Taeho says obediently.

Daeun tells Nari,"I'm coming with you. It will be easier to find the guy if there are more of us."

Nari agrees, and they leave the house.

A scream is heard from Taeho's side.

Nari is taken aback by the scream.

"Hello? Taeho? Who was that?"