Chapter 16- 'Cringe'

"You forgot me since you moved there right?"

"How can I forget you, Hyunjae?"

"Come on Noona. We can't speak to each other at the university too because someone might hear us."

"I know. I am sorry. I have been quite busy these days. I was about to check the last door we had missed previously but apparently there was this lame ball practice during breaks. I dont even know what is the purpose of this ball. I couldn't even check that door. I even have to go to Seoul tomorrow morning."

"Why are you going to Seoul?"

"Director called me for the case. She probably didn't call you because it hasn't been much time since you joined and so you can't take leave."

"Yeah you are right."

"Tell you what let's meet now. I will treat you to a meal and show around my hometown to you."

"But won't you be tired since you have to leave for Seoul tomorrow?"

"It's fine. I am Lilly."

"Okay."

"I will text you the time and address."

Taeho comes from behind and says, "Why do you have two phone?"
He then realizes that she was speaking on the phone and whispers, "I didn't know you were still talking on the phone."

Nari says,"Bye" and cuts the phone. Then she says,"It's fine. I am done."

"Okay. So why do you you have two phones? I noticed that you had another phone this morning. "

"This is a burner phone", she says pointing to the phone in her hand. Then she continues, "I use it for communicating with my fellow agents. Sometimes we share sensitive information. So all agents have a burner phone, you know, for safety reasons."

"Okay. What do you want to have for dinner?"

"Don't make dinner for me. I have to go somewhere. And don't wait up for me I will probably be home late."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting up with Hyunjae. He asked me to hang out with him since it has been long."

"Okay."
               ____________________

Nari goes leaving Taeho at home alone. But Taeho is sad to be left home alone by Nari. And that too the night before Nari is going to Seoul. The time was going to pass slowly already when she leaves. He wanted to spend every minute with her before she leaves. With all these thoughts in his mind suddenly his dad flashes in his mind. He remembers his words.

His father once said to him when his mother died that people should not grief long for people gone and forget them but instead they should be keeping them in our hearts and remember them and relish their beautiful memories once in a while. And of course never do things you will regret. 'Just live in the moment.' This was the motto of their family. This was said by his mother whom he missed very much. Taeri was too small to even remember she had a mother when she passed away.

Even though that evil stepmother kept them away for each other, he still loved his father very much and he did not deserve such a greedy woman in his life. With all these thoughts in his mind he wondered whether he should confess to Nari and not regret his decision in the future. But a certain sense of guilt was felt by him. He felt that it was selfish of him to think of his happiness when his father was missing. Taeho didn't even know whether his father was alive or not. He was conflicted over all this. So he decided to call his bestest of best friends whom he had known since he was 5. He was really grateful for his friends because they supported him and helped him alot when his mom passed away.

"Minjae, Joonki we need to talk."

Joonki says, "Sure. I am really hungry."

Minjae says,"I need to talk too. I have the perfect restaurant in mind."

The three of them meet at a restaurant and he tells them everything.

"You have to convey your feelings." Joonki says.

Minjae says,"I'm sure your dad must have wanted the same thing."

Taeho asks them hesitatingly, "Are you sure?"

Both of them say at the same time,"Yessssss."

Taeho asks,"Minjae didn't you say that you had to talk too?"

Minjae says,"Yes. There is this girl I really really like."

Joonki says,"It's Taeri right?"

Minjae says,"How in the world do you guys know me so well?"

Taeho and Joonki chuckle and look at each other. Then they say in unison,"We are mind readers" while slightly placing their hands below their chin by folding their last three fingers and making their hands into a tick shape.

Minjae bursts into laughter and wonders,"How did I end up with such amazing friends?"

After a pause Taeho looks at Joonki and says,"How are you so good at giving advice even though you have been single your entire life?"

Joonki responds to that and says,"It's a secret. Come here I will tell you."

The three of them come closer from above the table then Joonki whispers, "It's my hidden talent" and winks.
Taeho and Minjae laugh loudly. Minjae even beats Joonki's hand lightly.

Their waiter had brought their food and was watching them since they were close near the table and he even saw Joonki winking at them. The waiter probably misunderstood the situation. No, not probably. He did misunderstand the situation. His face had turned red. He places their food on the table and makes tsk sound a few times. Then he says, "What has this world come to?"

The three of them hear the waiter. Minjae says,"I think the waiter misunderstood us."

Taeho says,"I knew it. I knew something will happen due to your antics one day Joonki" taking a sip of beer from his glass.

Joonki says,"You don't like people to think you are gay right?". Then he winks at Taeho and smiles shyly.

Taeho says, "Stop it. You really are making me cringe really bad today." Then he slightly rolls up his sleeve and shows his hand to Joonki. Then he says, "See I have goosebumps on my hand".

Joonki says, "Sorry about that. I just LOVE teasing you" stressing the word love.

Taeho cringes so bad that it could be seen on his face. Then he says changing the topic, "Minjae what is wrong with Taeri? What do you want to ask?"

Minjae says,"Right. I like her and I want to confess but I am not sure whether she likes me or not. I don't want to confess my feelings until I'm sure about her feelings."

Joonki says, "If she likes you she will do this for sure."

Taeho and Minjae says, "What?"

"She will hang out with you but she will be super mean."

Taeho says, "Oh oh oh. Nari is mean to me at times."

Joonki says,"Cool."

Minjae drinks the entire cup of beer at once and makes a sad face and blows his lower lip.

Joonki looks at him making the weird face and asks, "What's wrong? Why are you making that ridiculous face?"