Chapter 10- 'Uninvited Visitors'

"Since Hyunjae is going to your home, let's go together."

"Ohk."

After their classes end they leave the campus to find out that it's raining.

Nari says, "Ugh I hate rain. I dont even have an umbrella. Do you have an umbrella?"

Taeho replies,"No I don't. Let's just run."

They start running in the rain. When they are midway home, it stops raining.

"Thank God it stopped raining."

"Why do you hate rain so much?"

"It's just that rain limits movement. Usually suspicious activity takes place during such gloomy times. It's because the opposite person will not be able to quickly take action if such a situation arises. I feel as if rain is like...umm...like an uninvited visitor."

"Hmm. Right. The first day we met I figured you were that kind of a person."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you usually wear clothes that will not get in your way that enables quick action. And you also always wear sneakers as if you have to run. I used to find that suspicious because you seemed prepared for situations that may require quick movements. As if you are hiding from someone. At times I thought you might be a criminal. Then when I found out about your work then it made more sense about why you are the way you are."

"Wow that's cool. You guessed me totally right. You have a knack for judging people.

"I know."

"We are here. Let's go inside."

"Wait. I'm getting a call. I will receive this call and come in."

"Ok".

Nari goes and opens the door. When she enters the house she switches on the lights and realizes that the fuse is gone. Just when she enters the house she gets a call from Taeho. She receives the call and walks inside her house.

"I'll go to my home and come. I forgot that I took the papers home. I will take them and come to your house..... hello are you there?"

"Who are you?"

"What are you talking about Nari? Didn't you save my name? I'm Taeho."

But Nari was not speaking to Taeho.
She was talking to the man who was holding her at gunpoint from behind.

Nari says,"How did you get inside my house?"

The man says,"You are Lilly. Right?"

Nari says,"What are you talking about? I am not Lilly. How can a person be Lilly? Don't you know that Lilly is a flower?"

The man shouts," STOP LYING TO ME YOU BITCH."and hits her head with the gun. Nari groans in pain and she catches him by his hand and flips him on the ground. The man quickly gets up,pushes Nari on the ground and runs away. Nari runs after him. Taeho had heard all of this on the phone and he runs back to Nari's house. Hyunjae was about to open the gate to enter Nari's  house when he sees Taeho running towards the house.

"What's wrong why are you running?"

"Somebody attacked Nari."

The calm expression on Hyunjae's face turns into a concerned expression as he quickly opens the gate bursts into Nari's house. But they do not find Nari there. They shout her name and look around her house. Nari enters from the front door and says, "I'm over here."
After a pause she says, "Oh look. The lights came on."

Taeho and Hyunjae quickly run towards Nari.

Nari pushes back her hair that were coming in the front and sits down to catch her breath. Taeho quickly goes into the kitchen and brings a glass of water and gives it to her.

Hyunjae asks in a worries tone,"Are you okay? What happened?"

Nari drinks water and says, "There is a mole in our department."

Hyunjae asks,"What do you mean?"

Nari says,"I had a visitor. And he knew that I am Lilly."

Taeho says," Cool. Your codename is Lilly."
But he stops midway as he notices blood coming from her head.

Taeho asks,"You are bleeding. Where is the first aid box?"

Nari is touches her head and sees blood on her hands. She tells him,"Don't worry it's not much."

Hyunjae says in an angry tone,"Just tell him where the box is already. "

Nari says,"Okay okay. It's on the first shelf in the kitchen."

Taeho goes inside the kitchen to find the box.

Nari asks Hyunjae,"Didn't you have something to tell?"

Hyunjae says," Yes I did. But I will tell you later. First of all..." Hyunjae receives a call from his landlord.

Nari says,"Answer it. It must be something important."
Taeho speaks to his landlord. Meanwhile Taeho brings the first aid box from the kitchen and opens the box. Hyunjae ends the call and says,"Let me do it."

Nari says,"Didn't your landlord call you back?"

Hyunjae says,"Yes she did. But let me do this for you first."

Nari says,"It's ok. Taeho will do it. You should go."

Hyunjae says," But..."

Nari says,"No buts. That is important too. Besides I'm not dying. You should go."

Hyunjae says,"Okay noona. But take care of your wound. Don't be irresponsible."

Nari says,"Fine I won't if you say so."

Hyunjae goes home with a sad expression. Taeho closes the door after Hyunjae leaves. Then he comes inside to clean Nari's wound.

Nari shows him puppy eyes and says,"Please do it gently."
✨️Byeol✨️