Chapter 4- 'Leopard'

"Lee Nari? What are you doing over here?"
"Kim Taeho? I didn't know you were her oppa."

Taehee says,"Oppa meet the cute girl I told you about before. But you seem to know each other."

Taeho and Nari in unison,"We are classmates."

Taeho asks Nari, " Do you live in this neighborhood?"

Nari replies with a yes.
Taeho then says,"We will go now. See you around."

Nari replies," See you around."
               ____________________

NIS, Seoul:

"Hyunjae you will be going to Incheon the day after tomorrow for a mission. You will be undercover as a professor in Hanjo university. You will be investigating there about the missing plane case. Lilly is working there as a student."
"Okay director."
"And one more thing your codename will be Leopard on missions now onwards."
             ____________________
The next day:
"                  Breaking News                 "
 Another plane T809 has gone missing and this time the famous Business Tycoon Kim A has gone missing along with 563 passengers have gone missing. This is the 5 plane that has gone missing this year.

"Nari isn't that the mission you are working on right now?"

"Yes dad."

"Isn't this going to make your work even harder?"

"Yes. The growing rage of the public against the government for not doing anything is going to put us in even pressure."

"Well work hard my dear."

"Bye dad I'm going to the university."

Nari's dad kisses her cheek and waves her bye.
             ___________________
At the university:

"Nari did you hear the news that another plane has gone missing?"

"Yeah I heard,Taeri."

"Apparently the business tycoon mentioned in the news is Taeho's father. That's why he is not coming to the University."

"What?? Really?" Nari says with a surprising face.

She decides to visit Taeho after college. She goes to Taeho's house and knocks on the door. Taehee opens the door and let's her in. She brings a plate of candies and serves it to Nari.
Nari says," You seem to like candies alot."

Taehee replies,"Yes I love candies very much. Even oppa loves candies. And those sneakers that you took."

Nari chuckles nervously. She figures that Taehee doesn't know about her father's disappearance and says,"  yeah I eat it when I have a headache.where is your brother?"
Taehee replied," He is taking a bath. But I think he will be out anytime now."

After 5 minutes Taeho comes out from his room.Taehee was showing Nari her drawings so they did not notice him coming out. His hair is wet and messy. He sees that Nari is sitting in his house. And quickly adjust his hair and calls Taehee.

"Taeho you are here." Nari says.
Taeho says hesitatingly ,"Hi Nari. I didn't see you there."
"I need to talk to you." Nari says.
Taeho says, "Yeah sure. Taehee go inside."
Taehee says," Ok oppa. Bye unnie."

After Taehee goes inside," I heard about your father. Are you OK?"

Taeho's facial expression changes. His face went from calm to sad. Then he says," I am trying to stay calm and smile in front of Taehee but it's hard. I don't want her to know about dad."

"Where was your father coming from?"

"He was coming from Japan. He went there on a business trip."

"What about your mother? Where is she?"

"That woman is not my mother."

"What?!" Nari says surprised.

"I don't live with my parents. I moved out. I didn't want to live with that woman."

"Then what about your sister?"

"She doesn't live with me. She just visits me often and sometimes stays over. But she has been visiting more often nowadays so that she can meet you."

Nari says, " I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

Taeho says," no it's fine."

Nari puts her hand on Taeho's hand,looks into his eyes and asks him," What about you? Are you OK?"

Taeho replies with a saddening voice, "I hope my dad is ok"

Nari hugs him and pats his back slowly to comfort him. Taeho is taken back by her reaction but feels good.

Taehee comes out from the room and asks,"What are you two doing?"

✨️Byeol✨️