Chapter 17- 'Drunk Clowns'

Joonki looks at him making the weird face and asks, "What's wrong? Why are you making that ridiculous face?"

Minjae says bursting into tears,"She doesn't like me. She is not super mean to me. In fact she is totally the opposite. She is very sweet."

Taeho says,"Don't cry. You will make me cry too" and bursts into tears.
Minjae and Taeho start crying loudly and hug each other.

Joonki says, "You clowns are drunk" and sighs.

Minjae looks at Joonki and says, "Don't call us clowns. You are the clown for being a lightweight and not being able to drink a single drop of beer." and then continues crying.

Joonki says, "Yeah right. I am the clown for joining you while you drink. Now I have to drag your drunk asses home. Let's go."
               ___________________

Meanwhile:

Hyunjae is waiting for Nari in front of the restaurant she told him to meet. He reached first because the restaurant was closer to his house. While he was waiting for Nari, Jim passes by and notices Hyunjae standing there.

"Instead of completing your mission here you are, going on dates."

"What's it to you Jim? Get lost."

"What's wrong? Why are you angry? You are meeting your girlfriend right? Is that Lilly your girlfriend? Let me meet her."

"Stop it. She is not my girlfriend."

"So you like her. Interesting." Jim chuckles. Then he comes near Hyunjae and whispers, "You will never belong to her. I will make sure it never happens. Because I will tell her all about your facade."

Hyunjae gets very angry but he tries to stay calm and not attract any attention.

Jim says, "What's wrong? Punch me. You can't? That's what you deserve."

"Shut your trap and listen to me you rat. I don't like her. She is my mission. Nothing more nothing less.

Jim says, "We will see about that."
He taps Hyunhae's shoulder twice and walks away.

But Nari had been listening to all this. She realized that Hyunjae was not all that he seemed all this time. He seemed to hide another motive behind his seemingly sweet face. She was very hurt to realize that all the time they spent together was an act. She never even knew that Hyunjae could even speak that way.

After all how could she? He always pretended to be the shy, caring and innocent type of guy. Was all that a show? He did all this to get close to Nari? And most importantly why was she being referred to as a mission? She decided to get to the bottom of this as a proper special agent would do. She goes forward and says, "Hyunjae I'm here."

Hyunjae says, "Finally. Let's go and eat."

But all of a sudden there was smoke coming from somewhere. Nari bursts into cough. She started coughing very hard. Hyunjae quickly opens his bag and takes a water bottle and offers it to Nari. Nari looks at him and refuses the bottle.

Hyunjae says, "What are you doing? Your throat will hurt. Drink some water" and opens the cap and offers the bottle.

She takes the bottle and quickly drinks water. Hyunjae catches her hand and takes her into the restaurant. They sit on a table. It was a fancy restaurant. There was a creme colored cloth placed on the table. There were purple Lillies placed in a white vase on the table.

Hyunjae asks her, "What was that earlier? Why did you do that?"

Nari asks him, "Why did I do what?"

Hyunjae says, "You know what I mean. Why did you refuse the bottle?"

Nari says with a serious face, "Because I thought that was the right thing to do."

Hyunjae asks her, "Did I do something wrong?"

Nari notices the uneasiness on his face. She says, "I don't know you tell me."

The confusion Hyunjae is feeling is visible on his face. He wonders whether she found out about him. But Nari decides not to confront him just in case. If she really was some kind of a mission and if she busted him then he would be replaced with another person. Then trying to find out who the person is would be a headache. So she decides to play dumb and act normal like she always is.

She bursts into laughter. Hyunjae is bewildered by her laugh. Nari then says, "Gotcha!"

Hyunjae is still confused by her actions so he asks her, "What?"

Nari says, "I was pranking you."

Hyunjae says, "Are you crazy? I got scared"
He thinks, "I thought she overheard me. Thank god." and sighs.

Nari says, "Why? Did you do something wrong for you to be scared?"

Hyunjae says, "What if I did? Will you forgive me?"