Chapter 9- Crazy friends and Curses

"Do you like my daughter?"

Taeho says shyly,  "Yes I do. Actually I liked her since we first met. But some things led me to suspect her identity. Then when I found out about her identity, my respect for her increased a lot. She even once saved me before. I know it may seem weird to you that telling all of this to her father but I wanted you to know this most of all."

Nari's father is taken aback by his answer. The nerve of this guy to speak like this in front me.
"Ok. Go back to your home it's late."
             ______________________

The next day was very important for them all. They finally had some progress in the case. Taeho and Nari were going to check the suspicious locked rooms in the university. Hyunjae was going to spy on the suspicious teachers.

At the university:

Nari says,"Hi Taeri."

Minjae says shyly, "Hi Taeri."

"Hi Nari. Hi Minjae, Joonki and Taeho. I guessed your names correct, right?"

Minjae says,"Yes you did."

"There is going to be a ball in our
university ." Taeri says in sing-song.

Taeho, Minjae and Joonki,"Yess!!"

Nari asks,"What's a ball?"

Joonki says,"Oh my God! Don't you know what's a ball? It's a type of a party where students dance dress up according to a theme. Many people even confess their feelings at the ball. What is this year's theme?"

Taeri says,"It's a masquerade party."

Nari says," What? That's cringey."

Minjae and Joonki say,"You are such a bore."

Taeho says,"No it's not. It's actually really cool. I know once you attend the ball you will surely like it."

Nari says,"Mmm... I'm not sure. But if you say so fine."

Minjae asks excitedly,"When's the ball?"

Taeri says,"In two weeks. Why? Do you have someone in mind to ask out?"

Minjae says smiling,"Yes. I do"

Taeri says," That's cool. Everybody is going crazy asking their crushes for dance. I even heard a guy gave a bouquet of 100 tulips to a girl he likes."

Joonki says,"That's sweet."

Taeri says,"No, it's not. Apparently the girl has pollen allergy. She rejected him the moment he gave her the bouquet. "

Nari says,"That's sad. I still dont see why the ball is cool."

Taeho says,"You will see."

The bell rings.

Taeri says,"Let's go it's lunch time."

Taeho says," You go ahead with Joonki and Minjae. Nari and I have some work to do. A teacher called us."
He and Nari then go away.

"Ok. Lets go." Taeri says looking at Minjae and Joonki.

Joonki says,"Umm. You guys go ahead. I have something to do."
He pushes Minjae towards Taeri and whispers,"Thank me later. Bye." and he runs away. Minjae looks at Taeri and quickly moves away from her. He says," I'm sorry. He acts a bit crazy sometimes."

Taeri says,"No,it's okay. We all have atleast one crazy friend in our lives. And such friends are necessary."

Minjae chuckles nervously and says,"Yeah. By the way shall we go somewhere out and eat today?"

Taeri says,"Yeah sure. Let's do that. But I don't know any good places around here since I just moved to Incheon."

Minjae says,"Don't worry. I'm here. There is a very good tteokbokki place near our university. Let's go there."

Taeri says,"Ok I will count on you to show me around Incheon then."
           _____________________

Meanwhile:

"Taeho come on. Bring the keys quick."

"I'm coming I'm coming wait."

"Finally."

"Let's go quick."

"First let's check this door."
Taeho opens the door. But there doesn't seem to be anything there except dusty chairs and tables. This goes on for the next few doors but they don't seem to find anything. Finally when they walk towards another door, Hyunjae comes to them and says,

"There is a group of teachers coming here. You guys should run. After your classes end let's meet at Nari's house along with all the papers. Now quick go away from here. I have something to tell you guys."

Taeho and Nari say, "Ok." And they quickly move away from there and go back to their class."

Nari says angrily ,"Shit. That was the last door. We could have checked that door out. I don't know why but that door seems the most suspicious considering how we didn't find anything anywhere else."

Taeho says,"Stop cursing. It's not a good habit."

Nari says," I'm sorry but I can't help it when I'm annoyed."

Taeho says,"I know I am annoyed too. But cursing unnecessarily doesn't help. Instead curse at the ones who are behind this whole thing when you meet them. Only then it will seem worth it. Promise me."

Nari says,"Ok fine. But don't stop me from cursing then. Ok?"

Taeho says," Oh no I won't stop you. Instead I will curse at them with you."

Nari laughs and says, "Cool. Let's do that."
✨️Byeol✨️