Chapter 11- 'Whale'

Nari shows him puppy eyes and says,"Please do it gently."

Taeho smiles sweetly and says,"I was going to do it roughly. I didnt know you were a crybaby."

Nari beats his hand lightly and scoffs and says,"I am not a crybaby. You must be a crybaby."

Taeho says,"Fine. Don't be angry. I'm sorry...you are so cute." and mumbles the last part.

"Did you say something?"

"What? No I didn't"

Taeho then disinfects her wound. Nari makes a whim sound.

"Does it sting?"

Nari humms.

"I'll blow on it."

Taeho blows on her wounds and pauses to look at her. They realize that they are too close to each other and turn their faces away from each other.

"She is so pretty even upclose. I almost skipped a heartbeat."

"I heard that."

"What? I didn't say that about you."

"Yeah right"

Taeho quickly takes care of her wound and puts a bandage on her wound.

"Here it's done. How did you get this wound by the way?"

"The guy who came today. It was because of him. He hit my head with the gun."

"I'll be with you until your father comes home. It's not a good idea to stay home alone."

"It's fine you can go. I'm a special agent remember?"

"Yeah I know. But if someone comes by again they won't do anything thinking there is someone else with you."

"Fine."

"By the way, about Hyunjae who is he? Don't you think he gets way too many calls from his "landlord"? Maybe he has a girlfriend." Taeho says.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you guys seem close. Is he your partner or friend? He seems to call by many names."

"Hyunjae is my partner. He calls me Sunbae when we are at the office. He calls me Noona outside work and he calls me Lilly when we are doing field work."

"Field work?"

"Field work in the sense when we are out for research on unknown places so that incase someone overhear us. Just to be safe."

"But you don't seem to be the kind of person who has a partner. How come he is your partner?"

"Well things happened."
______________________
1 year ago:-

It is Hyunjae's first day at the NIS. But he is a bit clumsy and nervous since it's his first day.

A co-agent named Jeongho tells Hyunjae," You suck. Why did you even become a special agent when you can't even get a basic thing right?"

Since Hyunjae is shy he keeps quiet and doesn't say anything.
Nari overhears everything and she confronts Jeongho.
"How you can you say that to a person on his first day? Do I have to remind you of your first day when you almost leaked confidential information? No,right? So go away"

Jeongho says nothing but gives her a very angry stare and leaves from there.
Nari then asks Hyunjae his name and tells him to stand for himself.
Then Hyunjae asks Nari, "Are you the famous Lilly?"
Nari nods and says "es."
Hyunjae then requests her, "Please take me under you."
She replies," I don't work with other people." and walks away.
But Hyunjae is determined to work under her and tries to convince her for several days. He makes several tries by giving her things she requires and finally she agrees.
______________________
"So that's what happened."

"Yeah. Now I can't do without him on missions." Nari says while smiling.

Taeho feels a bit sad hearing how close they are.

The doorbell rings.

"It must be my dad. I'll go and check."

Nari goes to open the door expecting it to be her father but instead Hyunjae is standing there.

"Hyunjae? I thought you went home."

"Yeah. I just had little work. Don't worry. It's fine."

"Come in."

Taeho looks at Hyunjae and says,"Hyunjae? What are you doing here?

Hyunjae says,"Yeah,I had some work but it's done now. Nari tell me what happened."

Nari tells him everything that happened.

Nari caresses her hand below her chin and says,"What's weird is that he didn't know for sure if I am Lilly. He even had the chance to kill me but he didn't. He had a gun and I was not even armed. It is very suspicious."

Taeho says," What if he was here to check if you were really Lilly? I mean he did ask you if you are really Lilly."

Nari and Hyunjae suddenly stand up and quickly search the house. Hyunjae finds a recorder under a table and shows it to Nari.

Nari says,"Oh shit."

Taeho says with a perplexed expression,"Don't curse. What is that by the way?"

Nari says with a worried expression,"I know but I can't help it."

Hyunjae throws it on the floor and stomps on it to destroy it.
He says,"It's a bug. You are in serious danger. I knew this would happen someday."

Taeho's confused expression turns into a concerned expression. He takes a long breath and asks,"What do you mean she is in serious danger?"

"Her identity has been disclosed. Did you see his face?"

"No I didn't see his face. It was too dark. He seemed well trained though. But I don't think I have ever met him previously. Right. When I was chasing him I saw him from behind. He had a tattoo on the back side of his neck. Tattoo of a whale."

"A whale? That's weird.", says Hyunjae.

Taeho says ,"Didn't you have something say too?"

Nari says,"Right. I forgot. Did you find something?"

"I think the teachers are in on all of this. The teachers here are very suspicious. I placed recorders all over the teacher's room and I took it before coming. Here's what I found out."

Hyunjae takes the recorder out from his bag and starts playing the recording.

A loud sound of the door opening is heard. A lady says,"I can't do this anymore. I want to get out of all of this."
"Are you crazy? Do you want to die?"
"I started all of this to provide for my family. But I can't kill other people's families to take care of my family."
"Who told you that those missing people are dead?"
"Whatever I can't do this anymore. Nobody of you can force me in this. I will tell the police all of this."
"If Glasya finds out about this she will kill you."
"Mr.Lee does Glasya even exist? Have you ever even met her?"
"No I didn't meet her. But she does exist. She is everyone's boss. And besides you are not the only one in this. Willingly or not we have to do this or else we will all die."
"You better take the keys from Taeho. You are putting him in danger as well. If anyone finds out that he has the key to the main door this will put that kid in danger too."
"Wow. Now you care about some kid. You didn't even hesitate before agreeing to take part in kidnapping the passengers."
"Stop it Mr.Lee. I finally realized my mistake. It's time you knock some sense into your head."

The recording ends.
Taeho says," Doesn't this seem a conversation between Mr.John and Mrs.Hwayoung?"
Nari says," I want to talk to Mrs.Hwayoung."