Chapter 12- 'Geeks'

Nari says,"I want to talk to Mrs.Hwayoung."

Hyunjae says,"It might be dangerous. She might be under surveillance."

Taeho says,"We can meet her. AS STUDENT. WHO HAVE DOUBTS."(stretching his voice in the last part)

Hyunjae says slightly placing the knuckle of his index finger below his cheek,"That might work."

Nari says,"Then it's done. Let's go meet her tomorrow. Are you guys done with checking the passenger list?"

Hyunjae says,"I totally forgot about that. I have found a really interesting pattern in the list. Every flight that went missing had a very influential passenger who was about to get a high position. In the first plane,there was Mr.M who is about to be appointed as The Minister of Education. In the second plane,there was Mr.N who was about to be appointed as The Minister of Strategy and Finance."

Taeho says,"...and in the fifth plane Mr.Kim, my father. He was a candidate for Ministry of Foreign Affairs. What's even weird is that these planes had a majority of young adults in their 20s and 30s in the passenger list."

Nari says,"I found out that the pilots of all the five planes are alumnis."

Hyunjae asks,"Does that mean that they were in this together?"

Nari says,"We can't say for sure. But we can't also completely rule out this assumption. It may be possible that they purposely kidnapped the plane or it could be a coincidence."

Taeho says,"You guys sound like geeks but your talking about planes" and laughs.

Nari says,"I don't know what that means but I'll take it as a joke" and she laughs lightly.

Hyunjae asks,"Why is your father not home yet?"

Nari says,"Your right he is pretty late. I will call and ask him."

Nari makes a call to her father. After she speaks with her father she says,"My father said he is out on a business trip. He had told me in the morning. I forgot with all this going on."

Taeho says worriedly,"Then you will be home alone tonight."

Hyunjae says,"I can't let you be home alone tonight. I would call you to stay with me but my house is a mess."

Taeho suggests,"How about you stay at my house?"

Hyunjae says,"I really don't want you to stay with him but I don't want you to stay home alone as well. So I think you should go to his house for the time. When will your father be coming back?"

Nari says,"In two weeks. You dont have to worry over all of this. I will decide what to do. I will stay at my house."

Taeho and Hyunjae say loudly at the same time,"NO. Dont you dare stay alone at home."

Nari says,"Geez. Stop shouting. I will go to Taeho's house. Fine."

Hyunjae says,"Start packing."

Nari says,"Ok but you should go home now. It's already very late."

Hyunjae waves bye to her and leaves. Nari quickly packs her bag and leaves with Taeho.They start walking towards Taeho's home.

Nari says,"Do not tell a soul that we are living together. Got it?"

Taeho says,"Obviously. I don't want to cause a scandal. I'm famous you know."

Nari looks at him and bursts into laughter. She says,"You are funny."

Taeho says,"I'm glad you are not serious like you always are."

Nari says,"I'm not serious all the time. I'm just busy doing more important things."

Taeho says,"You should learn to chill a bit. Relax and have fun. Live your life."

Nari says,"Fine I'll try."

When they reach Taeho's home Nari asks Taeho,"Where do I sleep?"

Taeho says,"You can take my bed. I will put my bedding on the floor. It's better if we sleep in the same room."

Nari says,"No I can't do that. It's better that I sleep somewhere else. You don't have to give up your bed."

"Don't worry I don't sleep on the bed. I have it for times when Taehee comes over."

"That reminds. What if she comes over when I live here?"

"Don't worry I will take care of it. I will see that nobody comes over while you are here."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I'm inconveniencing you. Actually I can stay home alone after all I'm an agent I can protect myself. Staying with you may put also put you in danger. You know what? It's better I leave."
Nari picks up her bag to leave. But Taeho stops her by putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Stop. Your safety is more important than anything else to me. So don't go. Stay with me. Besides I'm learning taekwondo. If anything happens I will keep you safe."

Nari smiles shyly and says,"Okay. But I will sleep on the floor. You can take the bed."

Taeho moves his hands from Nari's shoulder, looks at her luggage and says,"I was really curious about this since we left don't you think your luggage is a bit less considering you will be living here for two weeks? Dont girls usually have a lot of luggage?"

Nari laughs and says,"I'm not like other girls. Don't you know that? I am a special agent" winking.

"Hmm.. there's that. You should go wash up first."

Nari goes and washes up. When she comes to the room, she sees that Taeho has put bedding on the floor.

"Why did you put the bedding? I would have done that."

"It's okay. You must be tired. Besides you have a wound on your head. Get some rest. Tomorrow when we go to the University stay with me."

Nari looks at him without blinking.

Taeho says smiling,"What? What's wrong? Do you want to play staring contest? Or are you catching feelings for me?"

"Well. It's true that my heart skipped a beat. But I can't afford to fall in love."

Taeho is taken aback by her response.

"Let's go to sleep. I put a key of this apartment in your bag."

He goes and lies on the bed. Nari switches off the lights and goes to sleep.
             ______________________

Hyunjae goes back home. He gets a visitor. He opens the door. He is a tall, well built, handsome man with a dark vibe to him. Hyunjae says,"Stop calling me again and again when I'm not home, Jim. Lilly is very smart. She catches on things very quickly. Once she starts becoming suspicious, there's no going back. If you people want me to complete my mission, stay away."

Jim says,"Wow. I thought you were a shy person" and scoffs.

Hyunjae says in an irritated tone,"I can be something else too. You should know better, MINWOO." He folds his hands and stares at him.

Jim gets angry and shouts,"Don't call me Minwoo."

Hyunjae says with a smirk,"Why should I not? It's your name. Is it not?"

Jim says still in an angry tone, "Anyways. I'm here to tell you the director said that he is giving you a last chance and 4 months. If you don't complete your mission by then, don't bother to keep your badge." and he storms out of Hyunjae's house.

Hyunjae closes his door and sighs and sits down.
"I don't know what to do" he says in a worried tone.