Chapter 24

Nari continues with a small ray of hope on her face,"Be ready tomorrow. We are going somewhere after visiting the police station. Undercover."

"Cool. But where are you staying tonight?"

"Home",Nari replies nonchalantly.

"What?!",Taeho says anxiously.

"Chill. I am not alone. I am staying with my friend."

"Daeun?",Taeho asks hastily.

"Yes. You can relax. I will go home now, "Nari says assuringly.

"Then let me walk you home."

"But...",Nari says.

Taeho interrupts and says,"I am not asking you. Let's go."

Charming and heart melting. Why was he so cute? For sure, he was stirring Nari's heart and everything within it, giving her butterflies.

Nari smiles and says,"But I wanted water. Can I not drink water at least?" Making an innocent face.

"Really?",Taeho asks innocently.

"I'm sorry. Here take a glass of water", Taeho rushes,pours some water in a glass, and gives it to her.

Nari laughs and says,"You are so naive."

After drinking water,Nari stands up and accidentally drops her bag. Taeho rushes and helps her gather her things and comes across a photo.
"Who is this?",he asks.

"My mother. We used to live in America, but she died when I was 6, so we shifted back to Korea."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I don't even remember her. My father never really speaks about her. I found this photo from an album when we shifted here, and I secretly took it without my father knowing."

The next day:
At the police station:

Taeho and Nari reach the police station.

"Why are you dressed like a gangster,Nari?"

"Really? I look like a gangster?",Nari says happily.

"That was not supposed to be a compliment."

"Well, that's the concept I was going for."

"Is it for our undercover mission? What's your plan?",Taeho says, whispering.

"Ms. Lee Nari, please follow me for the questioning",a detective comes and says.

Nari nods her head and gets up. While going, she turns around and tells him to hush, gesturing with her finger.
After the questioning:

"Your questioning took longer than mine though I was the witness, Nari."

"Yeah, there were many things that the officer wanted to ask me. But are you sure that the man with the white whale tattoo was the one who you saw last night? Because he is the prime suspect in this case now."

"Yes, I am completely sure."

"What did you say when they asked you why you followed that man? You didn't say anything about that incident with me, right?"

"I just told them that he looked suspicious. I didn't tell them anything."

"Okay",Nari says slightly, nodding her head.

"So where are we going undercover today?",Taeho asks, whispering.

"To catch the white whale man",Nari says.

As they exit the police station, they see that Hyunjae is standing out there.

Hyunjae waves his hand to them. Taeho waves his hand, too, while Nari is standing there looking at him with curiosity.

As Hyunjae comes closer to them, Nari asks him,"What are you doing here?"