⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 1˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

the soft summer breeze brushed over richie and he couldn't help but breathe it in. he preferred walking since it let him avoid his brother's annoying rambles in the car. the tredge to school wasn't too long but he did regret not taking his bike. he continued and only stopped to admire a certain boy waiting for the light to change. will and richie always cross paths at this intersection and every time rich calls, "byers!" will looks over, giving him the sweetest smile. richie feels his cheeks flush before running over to will. they stand side by side and watch as the walk sign starts its countdown. will walks his bike starting a conversation, "are you excited for summer?"

"yeah! i get to spend all day in the arcade" rich exclaims pumping his fist. will laughs

"mike always says you spend too much time there" richie looks away feeling a bit betrayed by his brother

"he doesn't know anything," he pouts but it fades when he hears will giggle

"mind if i go ahead?" will sits on his bike

"'course not, but try not to miss me too much" richie winks and he swears the others cheeks flush

"i'll try," he rolls his eyes and rides away. there richie stands wishing to hear that laugh again. he's interrupted when nancy honks her horn.

"why are you standing there?" she yells from the window. richie ignores mike's laughter and keeps walking.

"then she just leaves me to walk the rest of the way! can you believe that?!"

"didn't you wanna walk?" asks stan

"well yes, but it's the thought that counts," rich muttered. stan nodded although he didn't entirely understand richie's anger

" why's richie all sulky?" eddie approaches his locker and shoos rich off it

"my sister ditched me!" richie flips eddie off for making him move

"i'm sure that is not what happened," eddie sighs grabbing some books

"it's not trust me," stan smiles as richie tries to convince eddie of something different than his comment. they get interrupted by the bell and stan excuses himself to walk to chemistry. eddie waves goodbye and richie just yells goodbye. he continues to harass poor eds on their way to history.

while richie blocks out any information his teacher is spewing about industerialism or something he can't help but stare...out the window. this class is boring and there's nothing to do and eds is ignoring any distractions. what a nerd richie thnks. he stares blankly at the board as the teacher scribbles down facts and pages to turn to. schools almost over, why are we even here? i should be at the arcade right now! richie sighs and looks over at the clock. 2:47 is blaring in neon green taunting his tired eyes. if richie had half the confidence he boasts about, he would've been gone already. skipping is something richie talks about to mike or his friends but he really just sits in the bathroom for 10 minutes. i'm the nerd richie groaned. now was not the time to dig into himself.

as the clock ticked down to 3:25 the teacher let the students pack up, "hey eds!"

"what?"

"doing anything later?" richie adjusted his glasses

"no, why?" eddie started walking out

"stan, bill, and i are gonna hangout!"

"i'll text my mom and ask," eddie sighed

"alright eddie baby," rich winked. eddie looked at him deadpanned and started walking ahead, "eddie!" richie called after laughing

"keep him away from me!" eddie ran behind stan