⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 27˚ ୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

it was the day of the party and the losers hesitantly knocked on the door, "hey guys!" luckily richie answered the door, "i've been hiding in my room waiting for you guys," he grinned inviting everyone in.

"what about will?" mike asked as the losers followed.

"he's been held hostage downstairs," richie rolled his eyes before laughing and leading the losers to the basement. the party were all standing around laughing and wishing lucas a happy birthday but they noticeably went silent once the losers entered. will quickly went over to richie and gave him a kiss and welcomed the loser's inside. the party continued to talk but in hushed whispers and the losers stuck to the other side of the basement. will and richie trying to bridge the gap began introducing everyone to each other, to everyone's surprise ben and dustin began talking. soon stan, bill, and lucas were chatting and max and bev were sharing a few words. feeling proud of themselves the couple began talking to themselves and the whole night mike could only think of one thing, how badly he wanted this relationship to crumble.

by the end of the night most of the party and losers had left. will and richie were snuggled up on the couch and mike stood with max starring the two down. if max had to be honest she was tired of this whole thing and she just wished mike would realize will is entitled to make new friends as she and the rest of the party had. stan and lucas were still chatting and sometimes lucas would wave and max would wave back, it felt like everything could maybe be peaceful. that was until lucas mentioned how he missed playing dnd, will perked up, "i've been making campaigns," he sheepishly said and richie grinned.

"they're great! we played a few." the two shared a smile and mike scoffed.

"okay will, be honest, he sucked right?" mike laughed a bit at his own jab

"mike please," will began before richie cut him off.

"why do you have to be such a dick." richie stated more than asked. mike was a bit surprised and looked around expecting his friends to step in.

"just forget it," mike began to walk away but richie stood up.

"no, let's do this right now. why are you such an asshole?" richie demanded and will quickly held on to his shoulder.

"richie," will tried to calm him down.

"no, i wanna hear what he has to say cause you know what, you are a terrible friend mike." richie spat, will tried to hold him back but it was too late the peace was gone.

"yeah? I'm a bad friend? I bet you're an even worse boyfriend." richie scoffed

"oh shut up mike. you know will was hurting, he just wanted to play some dnd with you and all your shit head friends and what did you do? nothing. how long has it been since you touched a dnd board?"

"hey that's not fair," max tried to say but mike cut in. he was done with this game and turned to will

"why do you keep dragging this on?"

"what do you mean?" will was panicking now and richie shielded him from mike

"leave him alone."

"no. will c'mon, tell richie how you actually feel. or do you really love this idiot?" mike asked mockingly. will felt his lip tremble now.

"will?" richie looked at him hurt and stepped away

"i- richie look" mike interrupted

"you're an idiot tozier! will was faking!" mike stated enunciating every word

"what? no. no! will loves me! right?" both brother's were looking at him and he felt his cheeks flush as tears spilled down his face

"richie it was so long ago! it was just a dumb prank but i-" richie pushed past him and stan followed but turned and glared at the remaining party members. will began to sob, "no richie please! I do love you!" it was too late. richie was long gone upstairs. mike looked pleased, proud even, he pat will on the back.

"good acting byers!" but when will didn't stop crying mike got a bit worried, "will?"

"why did you do that?" will exclaimed shrugged mike's hand off him

"will? what do you mean?" will scoffed

"you're the fucking idiot. I genuinely loved him! now he hates me and the losers are gonna hate me!" will gripped his shoulder and sobbed into himself

"But the plan-"

"forget the plan mike! my feelings were real, and I just lost my boyfriend..." will left a stunned mike as he biked away from the brothers' house.

"thanks for the party mike." lucas spat taking max's hand and leaving mike in the basement.