⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 12˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"so you said yes?" will and mike were sitting in the basement watching a movie. well they were, but mike had paused it to ask will about his recent dates with richie.

"of course, that's the plan right?" they shared a smile but their eyes lingered for a bit too long.

"mike?!" richie yelled running down the basement steps, "it's your turn for- oh will!" will gave mike an awkward smile before getting up and kissing richie on the cheek. mike felt something in him boil.

"hi richie," will smiled shyly as richie started kissing his cheeks. mike scoffed pushing past them.

"go to your room and do that. gross!" richie bursted out laughing the second the basement door closed behind mike.

"why was he so pissed?" will flickered a smile

"i dunno," he shrugged, "wanna finish the movie mike and i started?"
"sure," richie grinned pulling will to the couch.

"50 bucks says they're making out right now," lucas laughed.

"shut up!" mike whined into his phone, "i hate that they're alone," lucas laughed again

"isn't that the whole point?"

"well yes- but no! i just hate seeing him with will."

"aren't you guys twins, you're basically just seeing yourself."

"yeah, me but nerdy and lame." mike mumbled and scowled when lucas kept laughing at him, "i called you for moral support and you laugh at me?!"

"it's just you're being ridiculous!"

"am not!"

"you are! this was your idea," lucas rolled his eyes as he texted dustin about this whole conversation.

"i know it was my idea, it's just i hate seeing them together it's exhausting!" mike groaned slumping his chair. before lucas could respond mikes door swung open causing him to hang up immediately

"mike!"

"what do you want richie?" he asked practically seething

"just wanted to tell you will and i are going out," richie held up his hands in defense

"whatever," mike rolled his eyes while getting up to close his door. richie's foot stopped it.

"are you good? you seem to hate me more than usual?"

"it's nothing!" mike kicked richie's foot away and slammed his door.

"jesus," richie mumbled.

"are you ready?" will smiled as richie came down the stairs

"yeah!" richie returned it and took will's arm before they left. they began the trek into town, of course accompanied by richie's jokes. will found himself feeling very happy to be with richie. it was a different feeling than when he was with mike, he felt like he could breathe. the more he thought about that the more the pit grew in his stomach. the pair decided to go to a tea shoppe, will had seen it on his way to the library. they walked in and got seated at a table, will ordered a floral tea and richie got an herbal one.

"you like floral tea?"

"yeah, i just like the lighter taste," will smiled as richie grinned

"i'll remember that byers," will felt his cheeks flush.