⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 15˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

richie had dragged stan and eddie to help him find will some tea. richie wanted to give more than just a bear and he was compensating for not giving him the cassette. so there they stood in the tea isle starring at hundreds of teas, "which kind did you say?" eddie was picking up random boxes

"he said floral." richie scanned the shelves

"like any floral tea?"

"god, i dunno stanley! that's why i brought you guys, together you're like so much smarter than me." richie shrugged.

"but if you don't know what kind he likes how can you get him the tea?" eddie shoved 3 different kinds of floral tea in the basket.

"can i just get them all and let him choose?"

"yeah, drop them in front of him and be like, 'got you all this tea because i can't remember what kind is your favorite.'" stan scoffed

"exactly!" richie grabbed any floral tea he could find entirely missing stan's point.

"how are you gonna pay?"

"with something i call, stealing from my brother dear eds." eddie rolled his eyes.

"i told you not to call me that." he muttered.

they left the store and richie felt very happy with his purchases, "think he'll like it?"
"mhm," stan hummed as he shook his head at eddie. eddie giggled but stifled it

"i'm sure he'll love it rich," stan noticed eddie's mood drop a bit but just put it up to him being tired. they walked back to richie's house.

"you're not actually gonna give him all this tea right?"

"yeah i am, should i not?"

"let's maybe think about this gift a bit more." stan suggested. richie decided to show them the cassette tape, "so you made him a tape?"

"no stanley, i just made a tape and wrote will's name on it." richie rolled his eyes, "but yes, i did. i just got to nervous." richie frowned. eddie quickly snatched it up.

"i think this is a bit much, just focus on the tea." eddie explained hastily shoving it back under rich's pillow

"i guess you're right," he mumbled

"i'm always right." eddie began to name other instances he was right, stan shushed him up.

"need help wrapping up the gift?" stan offered still covering eddie's mouth who pulled it off complaining.

"did you even wash your hands? disgusting!" he stuck his tongue out gagging a bit

"i'll be fine." richie smiled finally answering stan's question.

will tapped the empty paper with his pencil, he felt bad that richie gave him a gift and he didn't give one back. they looked at the stuffed bear smiling slightly, despite being able to draw richie countless times, will was stuck. he stared at the empty page waiting for inspiration to hit but nothing came. he sighed, why was it suddenly hard to draw richie? he thought, he began scribbling out a face but it looked nothing like him. he crumpled it up and tossed it feeling very defeated. they began filtering through the pages and pages of richie doodles that had now flooded his sketchbook. they frowned, nothing looked right. will picked up his phone and shot richie a text.

will: hey richie?

richie: yea

will: could you send me a photo of yourself?

will waited anxiously for richie to respond but he didn't, instead he just sent a photo. he was smiling, his dimples were visible, his hair looked messier than usual and he was slightly turned to the side. his eyes were half closed and he looked like he was in the middle of a laugh, pretty will thought. but no, richie was stunning to will. he set his phone on his easel and opened up a new canvas.