⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 11˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

richie had gone all out for this date, with the help of the losers of course. they decorated their usual spot at the quarry with lights and flowers. ben had set up a picnic for the two and richie couldn't have been more grateful. he bought will a bouquet of flowers and prepared for will to arrive. the sun was setting and the water shimmered and richie just knew this was going to be perfect. as will approached his heart grew lighter but a pit formed. all will could think about is the outcome of all of this, that he would simply break richie's heart.

when will saw richie standing by the display of flowers and lights he felt his heart flutter. richie looked, incredible and will couldn't help but blush when richie took his hand. he handed will the bouquet and the boy felt his entire body erupt in heat. he felt so happy to be with richie and couldn't stop smiling. they sat on the blanket stan had picked out, "hi," richie spoke softly

"hi," will's voice was sweet and richie felt his cheeks heat up.

"i made this for you," he handed will a cassette tape.

"thank you richie," will took it smiling and richie found himself feeling very nervous

"want a sandwich?" they began to eat and talk about everything. will even opened about the party and dnd. richie asked if will would teach him to play and at first will thought he was joiking, but when richie looked genuinely interested, will felt ecstatic. they talked about their interests and they learned they had a lot in common, will was so caught up in their conversation that he hadn't noticed richie taking his hand. will felt happy to finally talk about what was building inside him. it felt weird that in these few hours with richie he felt more happy than he has the past few years with mike.

"do you think they'll date?" stan asked a sleepy bill next to him

"i dunno," he shrugged resting his head on stan's shoulder

"what do you think eds?" eddie looked up from his phone

"why would i care?" he muttered. Stan frowned, he felt bad, clearly eddie liked richie.

"was just wondering," stan shrugged

"well, i do think it's weird that this kid has never hung out with us but all of a sudden likes rich." eddie huffed and went back to his phone. stan and bill shared a look, "what?"

"nothing, nothing," stan shook his head. they were about to continue when he got a phone call, "hello?"

"stan! holy shit!" it was richie.

"what?"

"he said yes! he said yes!" richie exclaimed, he could hear will in the background giggling.

"that's great man," stan gave a bill a thumbs up who understood.

"g-go richie!" bill yelled out, he heard a faint 'thank you'

"who else is there?" stan looked at a very hurt eddie

"eddie is," stan muttered.

"put him on!" stan handed eddie the phone, "eddie!"

"what trashmouth?" eddie spat

"i got a boyfriend! boom you owe me 10 dollars!" richie exclaimed

"ugh fine! bye richie!" before eddie hung up stan and bill yelled their goodbyes, "i have to give him money," he groaned.

"you betted with him?" stan chuckled taking back his phone

"yeah, never thought he would date someone like will," eddie muttered.

will covered his mouth, richie looked so cute jumping up and down, "i can't believe you said yes!" richie ran up to will and hugged him. will giggled but he felt so guilty.